Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

I haven't heard of Defense Grid.. is that an IOS game.. I'm not really up to par on those games as I have no smartphone.

Defense Grid is a PC game available on Steam. I don't know if it's available on any other formats.

It's very straightforward - a constant stream of aliens run into your base and try to steal your 'cores'. You have a heads down view and build towers to stop them. Each time you shoot an alien, you get extra points to build more towers.

And then, when 10,000,000 aliens are in your base and you've upgraded your towers to level 3, things get really fraught!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh, a tower defense game. I understand those are all the rage on PC now, but not my thing. Strategy/RTS games used to be all the rage on PC and I never found the appeal in them either. I also have no desire to play Minecraft. Maybe I'm just more suited to console games.

Dear Esther and Amnesia: The Dark Descent are two Steam games I have a desire to play though.. maybe if they go on sale some time when I have less on my plate.

I finally finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Even though I have an extensive backlog to play through, I bought Read Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection used a couple weeks ago and started playing that. Got a bit more done in LittleBigPlanet as well.

Speaking of my backlog, I was introduced to a pretty cool site where you can list your backlog as well as gaming history. I'm enough of a gaming nerd that it interests me, maybe someone else here will enjoy it as well. Here's my page: http://backloggery.com/Jeff_X_HD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I finally finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
    What did you think of it? I loved how it never seemed to end! You think you'd beaten it... and then another turn happened. Uncharted 3 is the best looking game in the series (And it starts with a fight in an East End pub!) but it does seem to be a bit easier than Uncharted 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    What did you think of it? I loved how it never seemed to end! You think you'd beaten it... and then another turn happened. Uncharted 3 is the best looking game in the series (And it starts with a fight in an East End pub!) but it does seem to be a bit easier than Uncharted 2.
    I thought it was pretty good... I fear I may have been slightly let down by all the hype and Game of the Year stuff though. I'll definitely get the third at some point, but I think I need to spend some time with other games first.. Maybe in a couple years.

I'm about halfway through Undead Nightmare, and also just picked up Portal 2 on Steam earlier this week when it was on sale for $10.

My Steam ID is Jeff_X_HD ... ADD ME IF YOU ARE ON STEAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    My Steam ID is Jeff_X_HD ... ADD ME IF YOU ARE ON STEAM!!
    Consider yourself added!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'm feverishly battling through Mass Effect 2 (for the third time) so I can buy Mass Effect 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    Consider yourself added!
    So I've seen.. thanks for the add.

I got hold of a third (and hopefully FINAL) copy of Drake's Deception.
    I'm not sure if it's because I haven't played it for a while, but it's almost the enemies are ganging up on me for saying I found it easy!
    And I'll get more rusty when I shun this game for Downpour on Friday!

Icewind Dale - an oldie, but a goodie, and great on a higher spec PC than it was ever designed for

Oh dear, is it that late already......
    Bazinga !

Feeling the need to break out Sins of the Solar Empire - best sci fi game EVER!

Seriously it rocks.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Recently finished up Castlevania III on an NES emulator and just installed Zork: Grand Inquisitor last night. I've had the final Zork game for 10 years probably and am just getting around to playing it.

Also still working on Undead Nightmare for RDR.

Finished Undead Nightmare and LittleBigPlanet on PS3.

Currently playing Zork: Grand Inquisitor on PC and Mass Effect on 360.

Still haven't made any more progress in Mass Effect, but have started Portal 2 on PC, and plan to start The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Wii soon.

Doctor Who - The Eternity Clock Not only do I get to be the Doctor, I am also River Song kissing the Stormcage guards with hallucinogenic lipstick!!

I was disappointed that The Eternity Clock was priced at $20 AND got bad reviews. Hopefully it will end up on Steam and eventually wind up on sale for $5 or so...

I'm well into Skyward Sword now and working on Mass Effect and Portal 2 when I can.

Made some good progress with The Eternity Clock yesterday except that the game crashed after I'd defeated the Cyber Planner of the Ninth Legion Cyber Factory so I'll have to play that level again next time...

Getting right near the end of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword now. Save file says I'm 67 hours in.

After sitting on my shelf for the last couple of years (with the odd half hour played here and there), I finally immersed myself in Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 recently.

Although it still has many enjoyable elements that have always made up this series (my favourite), it's dreadfully linear and boring in many places - as many of the reviews I read did say.

Hopefully when I'm done I can get hold of the follow up (XIII-2) which seems to get far more favourable reviews.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Have finished Skyward Sword a couple weeks ago and Portal 2 yesterday (the single player campaign at any rate). Both were great. Still working on Mass Effect. May see if I can install Doctor Who The Gunpowder Plot next. Also, Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP is in the wings.

Had one of occasional sessions on Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock this afternoon. Great fun helping the Doctor and River battle Silents, Silurians and Daleks!

I'm about 58 hours into Final fantasy XIII now, enjoying 'levelling up' before embarking on the final parts of the game.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

'Level Up', dude. How many dead lie in your wake?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've finally joined the Final Fantasy XIII club! It's pretty good.
    I know I'm creating a rod for my own back by saying this but... the enemies are quite easy to kill. (Currently in that frozen crystal ocean)
    I'm looking forward to spending hours and hours on it. But I hope some challenges pop up soon.

(Me in three days) Why is it so hard? WHY is it so haaaard?