Default Top 5 First Doctor Stories...Ever!

List time again...

We'll move through the Doctors at the pace of one per week, but unlike previous similar threads this one won't confine itself to just the tv series (which will become handy around the 8th Doctor!) but also include novels, audios and comic strips, etc.

What are your Top 5 stories featuring the First Doctor? Are there any stories in other media from more recent times which you think rival the best tv ones and are deserving of a place near the top of your list?

Mine will mainly come from TV for the first doctor as I found most novels failed to capture the era for me properly and I haven't listened to any of the audios for a number of years.

1. Dalek Invasion of Earth
    2. Aztecs
    3. Marco Polo
    4. Witch Hunters
    5. Massacre

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hmm. I agree with Paul, although some audio adventures have tried they very rarely succeed in capturing that feel. So I'll go with:

1. The Daleks
    2. The Myth Makers
    3. The Daleks Masterplan
    4. The Time Meddler
    5. Galaxy 4

I think.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

1. The Daleks

2. The Time Meddler

3. The Romans

4. DMP

5. Home Truths (audio)

I've never heard any First Doctor audios yet, so obviously none of them will make my list. I've enjoyed a good number of the novels though, but some of them just seem a bit too big and adventurous to sit easily with many of the tv stories of the period...either requiring too much of a leap in imagination (such as The Magicians Apprentice, great fun though it was) or just too big a budget (if such a thing is possible in your head! ) to seem the genuine article.

Anyway, here's mine:

1. The Daleks
    2. The Aztecs
    3. The Masters Of Luxor
    4. The Plotters
    5. The Romans

At this early stage, the vast majority will be complete TV stories.

1. The Daleks
    2. The Daleks Master Plan
    3. The War Machines
    4. The Aztecs
    5. The Tenth Planet

I've watched/listened to all the Hartnells over the last 3 years, so feel fairly qualified for an accurate answer!

1) The Aztecs
    2) DIOE
    3) DMP
    4) Marco Polo
    5) War Machines

Bubbling under : The Daleks, Keys of Marinus

As seems to be generally the case, I've not listened to any of the BF First Doctor audios, and to be honest haven't read many of the books over the years. So, although I'm not really ranking these in any particular order, Billy's Poptastic Top Five is looking a little bit like this...

1. The Dalek Invasion of Earth
    It's a great story, but the last time I watched it somehow I enjoyed it more than ever before. There's a real sense of Doctor Who suddenly realising it can do anything, and maybe also a real sense for the first time of the cast & crew knowing they are making something that is going to get huge viewing figures, and which everybody is waiting for. And although it's a shame Hartnell had to take a week off due to ill health, he's clearly the better for it when he gets back a week later. "Yes, they dare! And we have got to dare to stop them!" he says, word perfect!!

2. The Rescue
    I just think Billy is so good in it, and it's just such a daft but fun little story. But also, when the silent Didonians appear at the end it is, for all that they're just two blokes, quite an eerie moment I think. And I like the bit where Hartnell can still be heard hammering away at Bennett's door even though the camera has switched over to the next scene!

3. The Massacre
    Of all the still lost stories I'd like to see uncovered under the rhubarb in some old BBC bod's allotment, this is the one that's top of the list. I don't really know why, other than I find the soundtrack captivating - plus, it promises Hartnell in a hat. What more could you want!

4. Salvation
    It's one of the BBC EDAs, the Doctor and Steven in 1960s New York. Nice little story, from memory... although I can only recall really enjoying it I'm afraid, and that was a long time ago. Hmm, actually, given all that it's probably done rather well to make the list. Anyway, moving on...

5. The Daleks
    Almost everybody else has listed this one too, so I probably don't really need to explain why I have too do I!