Default Moffat Draws The Line

RadioTimes have published an interview with Steven Moffat where he claims that after the (what literally nobody is calling) SMexit, Steven Moffat will write no more Doctor Who ever.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ably-it-for-me

Speaking to students at the Oxford Union last week, Moffat said, “I think as much as I hate to concede it and I’d like to have Russell write for me, this is probably it for me – once I’m done, I’m done.”

Although he loves the show, he said, “I've written a hell of a lot of Doctor Who. I've written more Doctor Who than anything else, and I've written more Doctor Who than anyone else has ever written. It feels as though, in my limited time on this Earth, I really should start focusing on something else. It’s not that I’ve lost love for the show at all, but I think it’s time for Doctor Who to have something new, as well as me.”
    Do you think this is a bad thing or a good thing? And should Russell return?

Personally I'd love to see a couple of specials written by these two. Maybe for the 60th Anniversary!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Moffat wrote some of his best stuff full stop for Who. He's also written a lot of poor material full stop (IMHO, I'm definitely not a fan of his). Given his having been in charge of my least favourite period on the show, I'm not keen on seeing him back on the show - or anywhere TBH.

I'd like to see RTD back though. It might seem silly to do so, as my least favourite episodes from his time as showrunner tended to be his; but at the time I was willing to accept that it might have been due to having to be in charge and not having the time to concentrate on his writing as a result.

He's right, up to a point...let the new guy do his stuff without the shadow of Moffat hanging over him. Moffat has written some great stuff for the series, but once he took over the overall quality of his work dropped...maybe he just wanted to do too much and spread his ideas too thinly.

I think both guys had the same problem...being the actual showrunner isn't conducive to writing good scripts. But I'd like to see them both deliver a script at sometime in the future, free of interference or pressure, just to show what they're capable of delivering on a good day.

As long as Moffat never writes another Christmas themed episode again I'm easy. Oh dear, that doesn't bode well for his final episode does it?

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk