Default Top 5 Second Doctor Stories...Ever!

Better late than never, but so much for my plan of covering one Doctor per week! Anyway, a quick reminder that unlike previous similar past threads this one won't confine itself to just the tv series (which will become handy around the 8th Doctor!) but also include novels, audios and comic strips, etc.

What are your Top 5 stories featuring the Second Doctor? Once again, Are there any stories in other media from more recent times which you think rival the best tv ones and are deserving of a place near the top of your list?

Always a tricky one, but the 2 early Cybermen stories still do it for me. The later Cyb's never quite had the cold menace of those early 'metal ghosts'.....
    The Moonbase remains my favourite, closely followed by Tomb of the Cybermen.
    The Daleks of course always remain high in my affections, reinvigorated by the recent animated release, Power of the Daleks comes next, closely followed by Evil of the Daleks, which I'd love to see getting the same treatment!
    A difficult choice for 5th place.... Tempted by The Invasion, but it's just a little bit long-winded, and takes too long before the Cybermen appear. Web of Fear is also a contender, but in the end I have a strong nostalgic attachment to one the earliest BBC Video releases in the form of the hugely atmospheric Seeds of Death, so that's my final choice.

The Moonbase
    Tomb of the Cybermen
    Power of the Daleks
    Evil of the Daleks
    Seeds of Death

OK, this is going to mainly focus on the TV Series, simply because a fair few make my Top 10 stories overall.

1. Web of Fear
    2. Tomb of the Cybermen
    3. Moonbase
    4. War Games
    5. Dreams of Empire

I'm completely with Wayne on the 60's Cybermen. They were far scarier back then, especially aided by the wonderful incidental music.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

1) Web of Fear
    2) Power of the Daleks
    3) The Invasion
    4) Tomb of the Cybermen
    5) Evil of the Daleks

I've only seen the first episode of animated Power (waiting for the Blu Ray) and the Top Two are fairly interchangeable, Web has it for now on the basis that I've seen most of it! Evil could rise if it gets the animated treatment, but as an audio its never grabbed me like Power has.

I've started a rewatch/listen of this era so opinions may change in the future!

I'm not all that familiar with the missing Troughtons - I don't think I've listened to more than one or two of them, and it's a long time since I read the Targets. So this is probably more like my Top 5 Second Doctor Stories... Existing!

1) The War Games
    Be honest now, it's E-P-I-C!!

2) Tomb of the Cybermen
    It maybe goes a little bit off the boil after the Cybermen actually appear, and personally I prefer the Cybermen of Earthshock rather than these, but even so it's a corking little story which at only four episodes doesn't hang about. Plus it still has about it a slight air of that extraordinary time when the whole thing turned up after all those years!!

3) The Invasion
    Again, the last couple of episodes are maybe a little bit duller - it's not easy to make shots of people pressing buttons in a missile control room all that exciting. But the early episodes, plus the invasion itself, plus that eerie music, give it a unique atmosphere.

4) The Power of the Daleks
    I've not seen the animation yet, but there's just such an air about this one - it's one of the very few audios I have listened to, albeit the old tape version, and even Eric Saward's bizarre narration couldn't entirely hide the atmosphere of the original story!

5) The Macra Terror
    Based, to be quite honest, only on the book rather than the episodes because, sadly, there is no such things as Macra DVD, no such thing as Macra DVD, no such thing as Macra DVD...

Astonishingly it's virtually 25 years since Tomb was discovered!