View Poll Results: What did you think of the Return of Doctor Mysterio?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Crackers

0 0%
  • 9 - Turkey Roast

2 25.00%
  • 8 -Pigs in Blankets

0 0%
  • 7 - Christmas Cake

2 25.00%
  • 6 - Figgy Pudding

2 25.00%
  • 5 - Mince Pies

0 0%
  • 4 - Bread Sauce

1 12.50%
  • 3 - Brussel Sprouts

1 12.50%
  • 2 - Cold Turkey

0 0%
  • 1 - Bah Humbug

0 0%

Default Rate and Discuss: The Return of Doctor Mysterio

The Doctor joins forces with a masked superhero for an epic New York adventure. With brain-swapping aliens poised to attack, the Doctor and Nardole link up with an investigative reporter and a mysterious figure known only as the Ghost. Can the Doctor save Manhattan?

I really enjoyed The Return of Doctor Mysterio - it was a lot of fun and probably the best Christmas special we've seen since 2012's The Snowmen.

I need a second watch as initially, I wasn't impressed. I haven't really liked any of Capaldi's Christmas episodes so far.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I really enjoyed this one. I unexpectedly enjoyed the relationship between The Doctor and Nardole. I also enjoyed all that sticky goo when the aliens ripped their heads apart, although why they couldn't have kept their guns in their pockets is a Mysteria to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also enjoyed all that sticky goo when the aliens ripped their heads apart
    If the aliens were using the brains in the jars and implanting them in human bodies, then when they opened their heads up to reveal they had nothing in their heads apart from guns, where were they putting the brains with eyes????

I enjoyed the Christmas special, but was confused and annoyed about some niggly things. So I gave it a 6.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Were the brain people the same as the ones in The Husbands of River Song then? Are they going to be recurring villains this year? I'm surprised the Doctor didn't comment on that

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I've watched and listened to loads of other stuff since last year so I also failed to make connection between the Shoal of Winter Harmony from Husbands and Harmony Shoal although the connection wasn't that immediate as they didn't seem to recognise the Doctor although that could be Moffat trying to be clever again... That aside it didn't detract too much from my overall enjoyment.

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

Any connection went completely over my head I'm afraid!!

I didn't watch it on the day, but greatly enjoyed it on Boxing Day morning when I got round to it. It's not an episode to set the world alight maybe, but I thought it very deftly merged the style of the original Superman film with a sort of rom-com feel to give us something that channelled Christmas movies in the same way as Voyage of the Damned did with its take on Poseidon Adventure, etc.

If anything, the only thing I felt was that it was just getting going when it was all over, I could quite easily have watched a bit more of it... which I guess must be a good thing?

I'm sorry to say I'm with Duncan*, I need to watch it again.

*Only sorry in a "Doctor Who wasn't as good as I'd like" way. Otherwise I'm happy to be in your company.

Please BBC - no more Christmas episodes. They've almost never lived up to the first one. Once more nothing happening very slowly. Admittedly I haven't been that well over the holiday, but I'd rather I'd spent the time sleeping.

I think there's more chance of them cancelling the Christmas episodes of Strictly or EastEnders than that happening... ie none at all

I'm sticking up for this episode - I thought it was good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I enjoyed it a fair deal, and Peter and Matt were a great deal of fun, I like the way they've altered the latter's character to make him a lot more appealing. My only complaint was that Grant was a bit too Superman-ish, and the whole secret identity thing got a bit boring after a while, but overall I liked it.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I enjoyed it, not a classic by any means, but light-hearted entertainment just what was needed for Christmas day. Not a lot of depth to it but it was nice seeing Capaldi in a light-hearted caper for a change...6/10

My second watch and I am still in the frame of mind that I really don't like Moff's style anymore. The show is in desperate need of a good shake up and Chibnall can't come in quick enough for me. I haven't enjoyed a Christmas Special since The Snowmen.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Duncan doesn't like it, and he's watched it twice already...I quite like it but think I'll ever watch it again, at least not for a long time. I don't know if this dedication to the cause just makes Duncan a bigger fan than me, or if he's just a glutton for punishment! The only Christmas special I've ever watched more than once is K9 and Company...

A glutton for punishment these days.

Or time for the frog pills...