Default Congrats Andy for a story in BF's "Snapshots"

Congratulations to my good friend Andy Frankham-Allen for his story "The Misadventure of Mark Thorne" which will be in an upcoming release BF Short Trips anthology "Snapshots."
    I came, I saw, I posted.

Link to BF Site.

Good news There's a good line up of authors for that book.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Link to BF Site.

Good news There's a good line up of authors for that book.
    Andy - I agree with Steve, the BF short Trip books seem to be going from strength to strength.

Given the Blurb for Snapshots fits the criteria for the writing competition, do we assume one of these authors was the winner (e.g. Brian Dooley), or is there another story to be added ? And has anyone who entered heard anything from BF at all ?
    Bazinga !

Yes, well done Andy on getting another one in there. And, slightly irrelevant, but what a lovely cover that book has!

Well done Andy, I look forward to reading it in about 5 years when I get though my back log.

Thanks, guys.

In regards to the comp: I don't know which book the winning story is going into, but I do know that it's not 'Snapshots'. When I saw the details of the comp I did think it might be, too, but Joe assured me it's not. So like you, I'll be interested to see which book the winner goes into.

And yes, the cover is indeed wonderful. Best thing Stuart's done yet, I reckon. Which is brilliant news, since a great cover is an important factor in a successfully selling book.
    I am out there... somewhere.

7. Default

Hi

Just a quick heads-up to confirm that Snapshots isn't the one with the competition winner in it. Brian Dooley wrote one of my favourite telly programmes ever - The Smoking Room so I was very lucky to get him. There is a competition winner in there - Colin Harvey won last year's SFX Pulp Idol comp.

Hope people enjoy the book!

cheers
    joe

Cool, I really enjoyed The Smoking Room. Surely this won't be a Doctor Who crossover?!

Does anyone in the world know how far the BF editors have got through the gigantic pile of short stories? Will a winner be announced, say, before the opening of the 2012 Olympics?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Ask Brian if he's doing a third series of the Smoking Room for us, Joe.

(I've heard it's a no, sigh )

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Lidster View Post
    Hi

Just a quick heads-up to confirm that Snapshots isn't the one with the competition winner in it. Brian Dooley wrote one of my favourite telly programmes ever - The Smoking Room so I was very lucky to get him. There is a competition winner in there - Colin Harvey won last year's SFX Pulp Idol comp.

Hope people enjoy the book!

cheers
    joe
    Thanks Andy & Joe - looking at the list of other books out this year I wonder if the winner won't have to wait until next year anyway
    Bazinga !

Well done Andy.

This does look another really good Short trips book- I've just enjoyed Time Signatures a great deal and if it can mainatin the same standard of stories that had, then we'll all be winners.

I liked The Smoking Room too. Though i suspect there won't be another series as the law changes in July, and all smoking rooms will be banned. Poor old Robin.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Ask Brian if he's doing a third series of the Smoking Room for us, Joe.

(I've heard it's a no, sigh )
    You ask and I obey!

Mr Dooley tells me...

'No, there won't be a third series of The Smoking Room, not least because there'll be no more smoking rooms of any sort by the middle of this year. And, much as I loved the characters and had a fine old time doing the show, I just began to get frustrated by the limitations of the format. I've got a new sitcom in with the BBC which I hope will happen so keep your fingers crossed for that!'

So it's not the answer we'd want but there you go

joe

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Frankham-Allen View Post
    Best thing Stuart's done yet, I reckon.
    Well the cream cheese was going cheap, and Mrs. Cretinby was desperate -

Ah, I see we're talking about someone else.

I've been thinking about dipping into the short trips series again, thanks for a reason to do so Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Well the cream cheese was going cheap...I've been thinking about dipping into the short trips series again...
    Dipping short trips in the cream cheese?

I'm hungry!

Just spotted one for Paul Clement, possibly -

The Dragons of Prague: Todd McCaffrey
    Crossover!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    I've been thinking about dipping into the short trips series again, thanks for a reason to do so Andy.
    That's ok, Stuart. Just hope you like it.
    I am out there... somewhere.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Lidster View Post
    You ask and I obey!

Mr Dooley tells me...

'No, there won't be a third series of The Smoking Room, not least because there'll be no more smoking rooms of any sort by the middle of this year. And, much as I loved the characters and had a fine old time doing the show, I just began to get frustrated by the limitations of the format. I've got a new sitcom in with the BBC which I hope will happen so keep your fingers crossed for that!'

So it's not the answer we'd want but there you go

joe
    God bless you Mr Lidster - it's nice to have someone with celebrity contacts on the forum.

Sad news, but I'll look forward to new stuff from Mr Dooley in the future.