Default Incredible Series Ten Thread

Trailer.
    Confirmation of April 15th date.
    Series Ten then...

https://youtu.be/AAQPDDX8nhg

I'm particularly looking forward to the season opener, where all three Doctors Who are going to work together.

Wouldn't that be nice

There was a new trailer, where Bill says that the Doctor is a hero and that she doesn't mind dying. We also get a brief flash of a new Ice Warrior / Ice Lord mask.

The new Doctor appears to have it in for globe-shaped lights, they explode all about him as he walks through a big library with Nardole and Bill. I wonder what that's all about. Hopefully he's taking an ecological stance and he's getting rid of the old power-hungry lights and replacing them with new LED-based lights that will save the library lots of money on their energy bills.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

There was an interesting interview with Moffat in yesterdays i newspaper. I'm not sure though whether this is the full article or an edited version, though...

"No worthy agenda, just choose the right Doctor"

He makes some good points, not only about casting wisely but about how closely Chibnall's life will be intertwined with his Doctor's. Cast the part right, because you need a good friend you can rely on for support because "it's a pressure cooker, and it can get tough".

Also Bill will be an openly Lesbian character.
    Well as long as it creates episodes I can watch more than once without wanting to delete them, I'm OK.
    "Wentworth" still the benchmark of TV drama to beat.

(Sound of PS laughing)

Oh aye? And when was the last time you watched an entire series of it?

I think it depends on the benchmark. Wentworth tells the sort of stories we wouldn't want to see in Who.
    Much as I love Who I certainly wouldn't describe it as the best drama currently on TV (for me currently The Line of Duty) but I don't think it needs to aspire to beat adult dramas. I am however very optimistic that the upward trend from series 9 after the nadir of series 8 which was undoubtedly my least favourite of nu-Who will continue.

As for Bill, the fact that she's spending the entire series in the company of two humanoid looking males suggests her sexuality isn't going to be much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    As for Bill, the fact that she's spending the entire series in the company of two humanoid looking males suggests her sexuality isn't going to be much of an issue.
    Unless they keep making references to it in every episode when they encounter another woman. Then that will get old quickly. Captain Jack ring a bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Unless they keep making references to it in every episode when they encounter another woman. Then that will get old quickly. Captain Jack ring a bell?
    Captain Jack is an omnisexual from the future. Being flirtatious is one of his significant character traits.
    I find the suggestion that because Bill happens to be lesbian she's going to fancy everyone they meet of the same gender slightly offensive.
    I don't get the impression that Bill has been written as that sort of character and if she has been I will be the first to call Moffat out on it but lets give the new series a chance.
    Pearl has said she's not there to be a representative for LGBT people or people of colour. She's there to play a character who just happens to be the first openly gay companion. Unfortunately, we don't yet live in a world where such things shouldn't matter.

I really don't care about the companions sexuality, it should be pretty much irrelevant to the series. I just hope that Series 10 will have better stories and halt the alarming slump in quality of the last couple of seasons. Series 9 was so poor I nearly gave up on Doctor Who for the first time ever.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I thought this news about Bill being a lesbian was an April Fool?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It was announced by BBC News on Friday (31st) : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39444025

So definitely not. It wouldn't have been at all funny if it had been.

Got the Sky back on so I can record and watch stuff again!
    Just in time for tomorrow!