View Poll Results: How would you rate The Pilot?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - First Class

2 14.29%
  • 9 - Business Plus Class

5 35.71%
  • 8 - Business Class

3 21.43%
  • 7 - Economy Plus Class

0 0%
  • 6 - Economy Class

2 14.29%
  • 5 - Seat with no legroom

1 7.14%
  • 4 - No viewing screen

0 0%
  • 3 - Thrown off the flight

0 0%
  • 2 - Sucked out of a window like Goldfinger

0 0%
  • 1 - Ryanair

1 7.14%

Default Rate and Discuss: The Pilot

The Doctor and Bill eagerly await your score!

Absolutely wonderful!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

There's a time to soberly appraise an episode, then there's a time to go !AAAAA!!! and give it 10/10.

I give it TEN!!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

She's a clever girl that Bill. I wouldn't have spotted the TARDIS on the rug. I hope we get to see more of the Movs!

It was a terrific start to the series - Pearl was great and let's not forget Peter. He was equally great

I enjoyed it a lot too, Bill looks like she'll be a great companion (and is instantly preferable to Clara imho) and the whole thing had a sense of fun about it.

If I was to be picky there was the odd clunky bit of dialogue, but that's about my only complaint in an episode that's given me a lot of hope for the forthcoming season, and that it will be Capaldi's best yet.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Capaldi is finally the Doctor I alway hoped he'd be.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Capaldi is finally the Doctor I alway hoped he'd be.
    We got there in the end

I did flinch when I heard the electric guitar, but luckily it didn't erm materialise. It was just The Moff toying with us

That was the best season opener we've had in the new series era. I really enjoyed that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's probably my fave since The Eleventh Hour... Hmm. Anyway, that electric guitar sting was Beethoven's Fifth and I'll wager it was lifted directly from Before The Flood.

Personally I thought it took slightly too long to find the story but then again I kind of liked that. It gave us a bit of extra time to get to know Bill which was worthwhile. In fact, a series like that where a professor and a student investigate strange occurrences around a learning establishment is probably what Class should have been like. Perhaps.

Oh and Movellans! With no lines and no particular impact on the plot or even any reason to be there but WOW Movellans!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

A strong start to what's shaping up to be a fun season.

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

So there's someone pretending to be a student and gatecrashing lessons given by Peter Capaldi: it was a lot funnier when 'Peep Show' did it.

I gave it 9/10.

It was a really good start to Capaldi's farewell season.

A totally enjoyable episode with Bill already far preferable than Clara. She has the makings of being a great companion. I liked Matt Lucas to after being fearful that he would play everything for laughs. The comedy was pitched at just the right level. It was also good to see a less angry and shoutier Doctor.

8/10
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Whovians - a Doctor Who fan show airing straight after the episode had some thoughts-

The Vault contains Missy who will meet the Simm Master and force his regeneration into her.

Susan is actually the Master (I highly doubt this given that Doc3 said they were at University together)

Australians are completely non-plussed about yelling shark attack in a restaurant. What he should have said was "last drinks!"

Doc 12's first appearance in DotD was actually just before he regenerated himself as an act of sacrifice.

Oh I really enjoyed it! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed Doctor. He seemed very relaxed and very Doctory!

I have no idea what Movellans are.

Also, I seem to have missed how Matt Lucas's character (no idea of his name) actually became a companion. Like I have no recollection of who he actually is!

The Cosmic Ultraviolet Background - 97%

Quantum Statistics of Light - 88%

Laser Cooling of Ions: Atomic clocks and Quantum jumps - 92%

Oh the joys of HDTV and the pause button

Oh damn just thought - should have saved this for Nyder's Fiendish Festive Quiz. D'oh!

Doctor: The door upstairs - how did you set the security?

Nardole: Friends only

One of my fave exchanges of the story

Also, I seem to have missed how Matt Lucas's character (no idea of his name) actually became a companion. Like I have no recollection of who he actually is!
    Strange, isn't it? He was in The Husbands of River Song Christmas Special where he was decapitated by the big red King Hydrovax robot. He turned up again with a body in The Return of Doctor Mysterio acting as the Doctor's pet / factotum / companion. There was a sort of implication in the opening of The Pilot that Nardole had a robot body, that was the bit with all the squeaking and dropping a sparkplug from his sleeve.

I thought he worked a lot better in this episode than previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    There was a throwaway line in The Return of Doctor Mysterio about the Doctor having rescued him from being part of Hydroflax but the reasons for him having done so are yet to be elaborated (although possibly there is some connection to the mysterious vault beneath the university).

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Betts View Post
    Australians are completely non-plussed about yelling shark attack in a restaurant. What he should have said was "last drinks!"
    Aussie restaurants -twinned with Dublin pubs! (Mum's from Dublin, two of Dad's parents were from Waterford, I can get away with it - just!)

Moffat's best since Empty Child. He can do it when he tries! (And he has been very trying sadly). Why did I think of Emmet Brown when the Doctor and Bill went back to the puddle? That's how Capaldi should have been!

Wonderful to see the Movellans - pity the Dalek-Movellan war only seemed to be tacked on to give the production team their seemingly-obligatory "We have to have an excuse for the Daleks" excuse. Ho-hum!

9/10

I have no idea who davethesailor is... Hello!

The way the scene is played, it's obvious that this isn't the first time the Doctor and Nardole observed someone's reaction to the 'bigger on the inside' nature of the TARDIS. Just how many people have been given the tour, and then had their minds wiped to preserve the Doctor's anonymity?

You'd think after Donna begging to die as he raped her mind, or Clara's 'Tomorrow is promised to no one, Doctor, but I insist upon my past. I am entitled to that. It's mine' he wouldn't consider it a bit of fun to give someone a guided TARDIS-tour and then just rip it all away from them.

Whatever's he's guarding must be REALLY important.

(Everyone complains about Donna but there's substantially less fuss about Zoe Heriot's mind-wipe)

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Betts View Post
    (Everyone complains about Donna but there's substantially less fuss about Zoe Heriot's mind-wipe)
    The Doctor had nothing to do with that, and like Zoe (and Jamie for that matter) had no say in the matter, to be fair. Whereas it was life or death in Donna's case.

It should be important considering this new door, I'll agree with you there.

I have no idea who I am either! Hello Stuart! :P

I thought it was pretty good!

Billy's 'street talk' patua grated with me a bit, but other than that, I quite like her!

I gave it 6/10 but that's purely as I thought the 'monster' was a little weak, but certainly an above-average season opener.