Default RIP Geoffrey Bayldon

The wonderful Geoffrey Bayldon has sadly passed away. Berst known for playing Catweazle and The Crowman in Worzel Gummidge, he was always a touch of class whenever he appeared on screen.

Of course we all know him as Organon from The Creature From The Pit.

RIP Geoffrey

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yes, sad news although a ripe old age and a full life I think. Oddly I don't really remember watching Catweazle much, but I certainly remember him as The Crowman, such an odd mix of benevolent and terrifying!!

I notice the article on the BBC refers to him turning down the role of the Doctor twice - I know he'd said about being up for the role in '63, but when was the second time?

The second Doctor, according to some obits. And Graham Williams was apparently on record (I think in a DWM interview) as saying that he had trouble controlling a certain Mr Baker; and if he'd had the courage and Tom hadn't been bringing the ratings in, Graham would have sacked him and offered the part to Geoffrey.

Another actor who's going to be - well sadly missed is as well-used as genius, but in this case...