View Poll Results: How would you rate Oxygen?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oxyten

1 16.67%
  • Oxynine

2 33.33%
  • Oxyeight

2 33.33%
  • Oxyseven

1 16.67%
  • Oxysix

0 0%
  • Oxyfive

0 0%
  • Oxyfour

0 0%
  • Oxythree

0 0%
  • Oxytwo

0 0%
  • Oxyone

0 0%

Default Rate and Discuss: Oxygen

Did any one watch Deep Breath before watching Oxygen? No? Oh well. Was it a heady aroma or a stinking waste? Tell us!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

In space, no-one can hear the zombie apocalypse.

Absolutely outstanding, still waiting for our first duffer this year!

I've given it a lower score, but that's because I'm being a bit more discerning. The best might still be yet to come.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Chilling, scary and breath taking!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Very, very good! Lot of tension, stunning visuals and one of the New Series more intriguing cliffhangers.

I was worried it was going to be a bit dull early on... I was (of course) wrong. And what a cliffhanger.

I've really enjoyed watching that episode. It's been a bumper season so far and it doesn't look like it will be letting up any time soon. That was a creepy and well thought out storyline

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hurrah. It's certainly the best "Space Suit" story we've had in ages (thinking 42, Waters of Mars, Kill The Moon etc) though where was the Sanctuary Base spacesuit? That one always comes out.

Now that's a 10/10 from me.

Zombies in space. What's not to like?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Absolutely loved that, I want Jamie Mathieson to replace Chris Chibnall as showrunner as soon as possible! It just did Who perfectly, with great supporting characters, Nardole and Bill working together so brilliantly as companions, and I loved the cliffhanger as well. 9/10
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Blinding! As we used to say back in the 90s when I was still a yoof

So how many episodes do we think they'll maintain the cliffhanger ending for? Will it still be the case by episode 12 of the series that we're still in the same situation? Or does everything change next week?

I wasn't expecting very much at all as most/all previous stories involving space suits, air locks and so on are dull and unfantastical. However, this was at least a cut above there. It's probably the most realistic (as far as I know, not having been lately) depiction of space in Doctor Who - it looked stunning. The walking suits were very creepy with their corpses joggling around inside, although I would perhaps have preferred some kind of monster and/or villain as it was a story with no enemy really. But that in itself was quite clever, if not as effective.

Not terrifically convinced by the Doctor being blind as I can't see how we won't be able to do most things the same anyway, being super duper. At least it hasn't been done before.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I wasn't expecting very much at all as most/all previous stories involving space suits, air locks and so on are dull and unfantastical. ...I would perhaps have preferred some kind of monster and/or villain as it was a story with no enemy really. But that in itself was quite clever, if not as effective.
    This was the weakest story so far for that reason - stock standard zombies/chasing through airlocks type; never did get into zombies. Good of its kind though, goodly amount of tension. As for the blindness, well it'll all be over by Christmas...

7/10

I'm still a little puzzled as to why the Doctor was left blind at all, given that this didn't seem to have much effect on the subsequent episode.

Though given that the simulation Doctor was also blind, that suggests that the modelling is so sophisticated it can accurately anticipate things that would happen to contemporary-Earth-resident time travellers hundreds of years in the future. Why does anyone with this level of technology need to bother to invade anywhere?

What was the point in making him blind if the sonic sunglasses can map out what's in front of him?

Si.

I don't think they made the most of his blindness. What he really needed was a guide dog, maybe a robot guide dog with a laser nose called "DOG-EE" or something cute like that.

I get that in story terms though the Doctor still needs to be active so there needs to be a cheat or a fix. If you ask Moffat he'd probably tell you that OF COURSE the Doctor has some way around it, even if it's not a perfect solution.