Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BF 095: Exotron & Urban Myths

It's another robot story! Someone will be happy!

'The Farakosh attack us - and my Exotrons defend us.'
    On a distant colonial outpost of Earth, a group of terraformers is under threat from the planet's most fearsome predator: the giant carnivorous Farakosh. All that stands between the colonists and a grisly death are the Exotrons - huge robots equipped with devastating firepower, designed by the outpost's leader, Major Taylor.
    But all is not as it seems. How are the Exotrons controlled, and where did the colonists find the resources to build them? The Doctor wants answers and Taylor is reluctant to provide them.
    Meanwhile, outside the compound, the Farakosh are massing...
    This story takes place between "Planet of Fire" and "The Caves of Androzani".

Cast List
    The Doctor Peter Davison
    Peri Nicola Bryant
    Hector John Duttine
    Paula Isla Blair
    Shreeni Nick Brimble
    Corporal Mozz Richard Earl
    Weiss Claire Wyatt

URBAN MYTHS
    (A One-Part Story)
    In an expensive restaurant somewhere on Earth, three gourmets plan their evening. First item on the menu: the death of the Doctor.
    This story takes place between "Planet of Fire" and "The Caves of Androzani".
    Cast List

The Doctor Peter Davison
    Peri Nicola Bryant
    Edge Douglas Hodge
    Kettoo Nicola Lloyd
    Palgrave Barry McCarthy
    Trooper Clare Calbraith

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That's a great pic of Pete!

Giant robots are cool. This story will be cool. Cool.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Exotron sounds a bit Transformers doesn't it?

I'm quite looking forward to Urban Myths myself.

Sounds crap.

Si.

Just because you've produced a couple of Doctor Who audio plays, there's no need to be rude about inferior quality efforts!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

A lovely cover but anybody who uses the phrase "But all is not as it seems," in the summary for their drama ought to be shot.
    "I remember because cherries send me into a wild fury!"

You know, I really do hate to say this, cause I used to be a big supporter of BF, but there is absolutely nothing in their audio range that makes me want to part with my cash at the mo, or indeed the foreseeable future. Which is a big shame. What happened to the days when I made a point of buying every release? Real pity.
    I am out there... somewhere.

Artwork/CG covers! Robots! I don't know who Paul Sutton is!

It'll be great.

You know, I really do hate to say this, cause I used to be a big supporter of BF, but there is absolutely nothing in their audio range that makes me want to part with my cash at the mo, or indeed the foreseeable future. Which is a big shame. What happened to the days when I made a point of buying every release? Real pity.
    I kind of agree Andy. I used to regularly get every new one but now hardly ever get one. Any I want to hear I purchase on ebay then sell on again once I heard them.

Makes you wonder where it all went wrong, eh?
    I am out there... somewhere.

With regards to ALL the audios it hasn't gone wrong.The Tomorrow People has gone from strength to strength as have the Benny audios.And both Sapphire And Steel and the main Doctor Who range have been consistent-with no utterly dire audios since Pier Pressure

Oh yes, I'd dispute anyone who says that Sapphire & Steel is poor. They have been consistently good with the odd one being excellent.

It's here. Hooray.

Si xx

We'll have a great time listening to that with Si's mum in the car tomorrow.

The poor woman!

What's happened to Erimem anyway? Has she been ditched?

Si.

I hope do so!

Mine will get a spin tonight I'm sure.

I did listen to this last night & it's not bad at all. The story was simple to follow & easy to see where it was going. No surprises but no holes either. It's not brilliant but it is worthy of 7/10 at least.

Urban Myths was 'interesting' but by no means excellent. A so-so story to make up the CD. Comfortable 5/10.

Exotron was pretty good.

Like a lot of Big Finish stories, there's an intriguing, atmospheric general set up, but the longer the story goes the more it falls apart.

The art on the inside of the sleeve is absolutely fantastic though!

It's all a trick. I'll put it on tomorrow and it'll be the most brain-melting mush of tedium and you'll all be laughing.

Si.

Exotron itself isn't half bad - good to see the setting is different and refreshing, rather than another futuristic city. I'm enjoying it!!

The trailer for "Valhalla" is appalling though - it isn't even well edited, and the clips are just boring. The most exciting line they could find to finish it on seems to be "I'll have some egg and chips please".

Si.

We really enjoyed Urban Myths when we fianlly got round to listening to it yesterday. It was quite a preposterous tale, but it made us laugh. We liked the evil Doctor Who and Miss Brown going round with big guns killing everyone! That was fun. It was slight, but fun.

Si xx

Yes I enjoyed "Urban Myths". As for "Exotron", I appear to have completely forgotton everything about it.

Si.

Peri did botany, the big robots carried the Doctor to the base, the psychic powers of the Farakosh were pitted against the mind control of the Exotron net.

Here's hoping there'll be a new "I, Who" to take care of these thorny issues soon.

Disturbingly, I have a vivid memory of Nick Brigg's journey accross the tube from the CD Extras, if that helps.

Si.