Threaded View

Default Dark Shadows - original TV series (1966-1971)

I've now watched the first 3 episodes and I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it! Collinsport is a fishing village in Maine which is also home to an artists' colony, "summer people" and of course the Collins family!

It all started many moons ago with Issac Collins who started the fishing fleet and founded the village. Right up on Widow's Hill there's the spooky Collinwood mansion, holding many secrets. Elizabeth Stoddard-Collins is the aloof matriarch who hasn't been down from the hill in 18 years. She has a swinging teenage daughter Carolyn who feels trapped in the "icky, sticky town" and spends all her time jiving with the local men in the Blue Whale pub. Then there's Roger Collins, brother of Elizabeth. He's prissy, scheming and has a damn fine plummy English accent!

Burke Devlin has returned to Collinsport after a 10 year absence. He's been in jail, yet he's got cash galore. He's even rented the top three rooms in the Collinsport Inn! No-one is pleased to him again. They're even a bit scared. Especially Roger. Why is he back??

All of this is seen through the eyes of Miss Victoria Winters, who is employed by Roger to look after his "monster child" David. His words not mine! Can't wait to meet the little brat...

All the music is very OTT and melodramatic, ranging from staccato cellos and violins through to Scooby Doo-esque theremin. I've read somewhere that it doesn't really get going until Episode 250, but it's already piqued my interest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nyder; 21st Jun 2017 at 11:05 PM.