Default David Bradley is The New First Doctor!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/dav...tor-adventures

Materialising in time for the New Year, The First Doctor Adventures features David Bradley reprising his role in a new set of stories for a very familiar, yet very new, Doctor.

Following his stellar portrayal of William Hartnell in BBC Two’s An Adventure in Space and Time, David Bradley (Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Broadchurch, Captain America) is set to star as the First Doctor in this year’s BBC One Doctor Who Christmas Special alongside Peter Capaldi. And now Big Finish Productions, in arrangement with BBC Worldwide, are giving this reimagined First Doctor another chance to explore the cosmos!

Joining David Bradley are his co-stars from An Adventure in Space and Time reprising their roles as the iconic first TARDIS team. Jamie Glover (Elizabeth, Waterloo Road, Holby City) plays Ian Chesterton, Jemma Powell (Alice in Wonderland, Angel, Foyle’s War) plays Barbara Wright, and Claudia Grant (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child) plays Susan – the Doctor’s granddaughter and the original ‘Unearthly Child’.
    I am very pleased that they were able to get this cast together. It could be quite interesting to see how they re-create the Hartnell era.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I wasn't expecting that!!

I'm maybe in the minority but I'm not totally convinced on Bradley as the Doctor. Don't get me wrong, he was superb as actor William Hartnell in 'An Adventure...' but the bits where he was called on to be playing the Doctor were not very 'Hartnell-y' at all (if you see what I mean). I realise that up to a point in the anniversary drama that didn't really matter as it wasn't the main object of the exercise, but compare (for example) his 'farewell to Susan' to the original and I'd say it's nowhere near as good...

...and on the flipside of that, it would be rather rude to ask an actor of David Bradley's standing and ability simply to do an impersonation of another actor's performance.

So I guess my 'hang-up' is how far can Bradley interpret the role his own way before it becomes something other than the first Doctor, at which stage... what's the point?

But of course I'm willing to be won over at Christmas!

I'm quite interested to hear these. As I've said elsewhere on social media I'm glad they aren't introducing Bradley's Doctor to either of their existing ranges featuring the original cast.
    Also quite excited about the new earlier Master.

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

I'm really excited about seeing more of David Bradley at Christmas. I'm also very pleased that they got the crew from An Adventure In Space And Time to play the Doctor's companions. However.

I've listened to a lot of Companion Chronicles and First Doctor adventures by Big Finish. Dozens of them. So in that way it's more of the same, only full cast.

I also feel that the number of extra stories they're squeezing into the gaps is starting to stretch credulity.

However, I'll check the reviews and might give these a go.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I also feel that the number of extra stories they're squeezing into the gaps is starting to stretch credulity.
    this is far from the only non-existent gap to have been prised open for books, audios and sweet wrappers in the past quarter of a century.