Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Somone Has Found June Murphy!

I just thought I'd let you all know that someone has found June Murphy, the sinister 'that woman who walks into the sea' in "Fury from the Deep" and Petty Officer Murphy in "The Sea Devils", who dishes out sandwiches to Jon Pertwee.

Murphy vanished in the late seventies, all her royalties from "The Sea Devils" dissapearing into a big pot, unclaimed, at the BBC. Akin to the famous Hendrix Royalties Scandal, at one point around the time of the early nineties "Sea Devils" video release and repeat, the British Economy threatened to become top-heavy due to the flow of funds into Murphy's Black Hole.

Richard Bignell had previously gone to extreme lengths to track down Murphy, including writing in to "Jim'll Fix It", hiring a private investigator and standing on various different coast lines calling her name in a loud voice.

But someone on the RT has now revealed that, in fact, the minx changed her name to the mysterious "Laura Langley" - and THAT'S why Biggers couldn't find her. At this moment, Bignell is packing his case to track her down and force her to record a featurette about naval sandwiches. That sounds very much like a lewd sexual act, doesn't it kids?

June Bland was said to be bitter that she is now no longer the only known "June" in Doctor Who.

Si.

It's something to tell the grand kids. The big question is does Ian 'Ginsters' Levine know?

Pip Madeley Guest

But someone on the RT has now revealed that, in fact, the minx changed her name to the mysterious "Laura Langley" - and THAT'S why Biggers couldn't find her.
    Has he not considered that she might not want the attention?

But does she want the royalties money?

Pip Madeley Guest

I thought Si was joking there, I may be wrong though?

No, she's not had any royalties or they would have been able to track her down. So she may be a bit interested. She's been a "Geoffrey Orme" until now.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Just imagine it, as Mr Jolly and Mr Bignell enter her house...

JUNE: What are you doing in here... is there something that you want?

She'd offer them a sandwich and you know it.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd like to try her tasty triangle-shaped wares.

Then, or now?

Si.

I sense a great deal of weed in this tale

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I heard a rumour that in fact her existence has always been known to a select few, but that she had been kept secret in Ian Levine's collection as a possible future bargaining-ploy if anybody should ever find the family of Peter R Newman.

I heard that she is Ian Levine. Which explains everything.

Do you know this is actually extremely joyous news, even though I'm confused as to why she's changed her name to that of an Avengers secret agent.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

June Bland was said to be bitter that she is now no longer the only known "June" in Doctor Who.
    At the which June Page said "that Bland's always had it in for me".

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Maybe Murphy, Bland, Page, Hudson and BROWN could team up a "The Five Junes" special?

Si.

That'd be icontastic!

And the costumes would be operatic.

Si xx

Maybe Murphy, Bland, Page, Hudson and BROWN could team up a "The Five Junes" special?
    I think they need a whole season. Doctor Who could go on a quest to find 'The Key To Junes'.

'The Junes have been scattered throughout time and space for safekeeping.'

'It's got to be - It's GOT to be - something to do with the sixth and most important June of the Key to Junes!'
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd say June Brown would be Kroll, June Murphy would be Astra, and June Bland would be the chunk of jethyrk.

Who the frick is June Page anyway?

And we NEED June Whitfield in the new Who don't we!

Si.

June Page was Keara in Full Circle. The forgotten June.

Si xx

I've never even heard of that character before. She adds literally nothing to Doctor Who mythology.

Si.

It's like a song you hear at a wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I just thought I'd let you all know that someone has found June Murphy, the sinister 'that woman who walks into the sea' in "Fury from the Deep" and Petty Officer Murphy in "The Sea Devils", who dishes out sandwiches to Jon Pertwee.

Murphy vanished in the late seventies, all her royalties from "The Sea Devils" dissapearing into a big pot, unclaimed, at the BBC. Akin to the famous Hendrix Royalties Scandal, at one point around the time of the early nineties "Sea Devils" video release and repeat, the British Economy threatened to become top-heavy due to the flow of funds into Murphy's Black Hole.

Richard Bignell had previously gone to extreme lengths to track down Murphy, including writing in to "Jim'll Fix It", hiring a private investigator and standing on various different coast lines calling her name in a loud voice.

But someone on the RT has now revealed that, in fact, the minx changed her name to the mysterious "Laura Langley" - and THAT'S why Biggers couldn't find her. At this moment, Bignell is packing his case to track her down and force her to record a featurette about naval sandwiches. That sounds very much like a lewd sexual act, doesn't it kids?

Si.
    I have just invested in the animated missing adventures and have been watching Fury from the Deep. Just go to the end of it. I am so pleased with the animated resurrections that I can't wait until all the missing stories have been done. Anybody know if the Beeb actually have plans to do these? The ones I got recently were The Power of the Daleks, The Macra Terror, and the Faceless Onse (and Shada, which I already have as a photo reconstruction - possibly on VHS, though). I have also already got the Invasion and the Enemy of the World. Just hoping they will do the others soon.