Hybrid View

Default R.I.P. Dudley Simpson

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudley_Simpson

Considering how a lot of BBC programmes would be very different had he not contributed, still no obituary. There is this https://www.sfsite.com/news/2017/11/...udley-simpson/ which appears to be unable to spell "music".

I love his work. Various cues he composed play in my head from time to time.
    One of the great ingredients of the television we grew up with.

R.I.P. Dudley Simpson and thank you for your music.

So many classic themes - The Tomorrow People, Blake’s 7... and all his incidental music I know off by heart thanks to the Genesis album.

Yes, sad to hear about this on Twitter, etc last night. Such a huge body of work, such an integral part of the 'feel' of (especially) 70s Who, and of course Blakes 7 with his magnificent theme & incidental work. I didn't quite realise, until I saw the list, that he had an unbroken run of stories all the way from Masque of Mandragora to Nimon - so no wonder his music reminds me of being a kid!

By all accounts, too, a lovely bloke, and the interview with him on the DVD range (as well as his appearance in the Whose Doctor Who documentary) was a real delight.

RIP

I can't think offhand of a score where he put a foot wrong. An integral part of Doctor Who during the '70s.

I was so sad to hear this news.

What an awesome legacy he leaves. Nearly 300 episodes of Doctor Who scored by him, with some real classy scores among them.... Carnival of Monsters, Genesis of the Daleks, Seeds of Death, Stones of Blood, City of Death... So many greats!

But then there's Blakes 7 and The Tomorrow People and Moonbase 3... The sound of BBC Sci-fi in the 70s!

I cried when I heard his City of Death score played at the proms in 2013. He deserved that accolade and I only wish there'd been more.

RIP Dudley. You were a one off.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Here's something from my archives in memory of Dudley Simpson:

Here is a tribute to Dudley that I've written. Hope you enjoy it

http://wearecult.rocks/top-10-dudley-simpson-scores

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.