Gathering dust on my DVD shelf for nearly three years, is Underworld. It remains the only Tom Baker story I have no recollection of at all! From the time, I can remember watching Who from the very end of The Hand of Fear onwards - very vaguely at first of course, as I was only a Time Tot, but with more 'clarity' from 1979 onwards.

Since those heady days, I've caught most of Tom's stories again - either on video or DVD or, in a couple of cases, through repeats on BBC Four or the Horror Channel. There are two exceptions.

One if The Invisible Enemy, which through no particular planning I've not watched since it was transmitted. But I do remember watching it - from its initial showing, I remember having to miss episode two which, given how part one ends with the Doctor about to shoot Leela, and part three starts with the action having moved to an entirely different location and with lots of new characters, was rather annoying. I also, though, vaguely recall finally getting to watch part two at my Aunt's house when it was repeated.

Of season 15, then, I can remember snatches of Horror of Fang Rock from when it was shown - Invisible Enemy of course - certainly The Sunmakers (part one and three's cliffhangers, and especially the shrinking Usurian certainly lodged in my brain) - and even The Invasion of Time (although my main memory there is of watching the last episode but somehow totally missing the last few moments - until I finally saw it again on video, I was convinced Terrance Dicks had made up the whole 'K9 Mark II' bit for the book!) Image of the Fendahl failed to make an impression, but I've now seen that on both video and DVD...

...all of which leaves poor old Underworld. Partly inspired by Jonno's rewatching of Blakes 7 to tie in with its 40th anniversary, I think the time is right to take Underworld off the shelf, dust it down, and (on the occasion of its 40th anniversary - today!) give it a spin.

I'll be watching part 1 today... although I know that every review of Underworld ever written seems to begin with "part 1 was OK, but..."

So it's back to being 6 and a half, to Tom being superb, and to Underworld!