Thread: Eurovision 2018

Default Eurovision 2018

What does everyone think of our chosen song this year? It's catchy but not a winner.

She reminds me of Annie Lennox in both style and tone.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

It’s okay ..... but okay is not enough to win Eurovision!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surie has been given odds of 50/1 to win Eurovision.

For those of you who don't understand, if you put £10 on Surie to win at 50/1, you will lose £10
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Well... Erm... It's got as much chance as anything we sent over the past few years.
    Looking forward to watching it Saturday.
    It's Eurovision. You know what to expect. You've seen it all before and yet you just can't do anything other than look on!

The first semi-final aired last night and the quality of songs was, in my opinion, much higher than the last few years. I actually liked the first 12!

Very popular in the hall was Cyprus with their upbeat number and a girl from Israel who clucked like a chicken.

Only in Eurovision!!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    and a girl from Israel who clucked like a chicken.

Only in Eurovision!!
    And my love life! The guys aren't much better, mind...

The chicken clucker won!

Poor SuRie, she didn't deserve what happened and should have got far more points than she did.

I wasn't entirely surprised that Israel won. I was more relieved that the extremely bland Swedish guy was knocked out of contention by the public vote.
    The UK's low placings seem to be following a consistent pattern although I wasn't a huge fan of SuRie's song it was better than some we've had in recent years. I still watch for the entertainment value but I've long since given up on the idea that the UK entry will ever get to the left side of the board.
    I think the BBC ought to have a serious think about whether the money they're paying (out of our license fees) to the EBU is worth it. I think I'd almost rather we got knocked out in the semi-finals than being one of the "big 5" with a guaranteed final place only to be humiliated annually.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    The chicken clucker won!

Poor SuRie, she didn't deserve what happened and should have got far more points than she did.
    And of course guess who's gone for a massive crap and missed it? The stage invasion not the... Never mind.

You didn't miss much... it all happened in a few seconds and to her credit SuRie handled it very well and finished her performance very professionally once she was given another microphone.
    Apparently it was some tin foil hat activist going on about the UK media being "nazis", from what I can gather he previously made a similar appearance at the National Television Awards.