Default Netflix and Amazon...what's on your watchlist?

I often find myself browsing through seemingly endless lists of tv series and movies on both these streaming platforms and adding many to my list for future viewing, but then struggle to decide what new (at least to me!) show to start on next and more often than not end up with an old episode of Star Trek or something which I've probably seen umpteen times before.

So here's a thread for Netflix and Amazon recommendations...what are you watching at the moment, or have recently seen, which you enjoyed and would really recommend?

I really enjoyed Black Lightning and have watch the first couple of episodes of New Legends of the Monkey.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I noticed the Monkey series, it caught my attention while browsing. Would I be right in assuming that it's an update/remake of the old 70s series? I used to love that!

Yes, a remake which still has some of the humour thankfully.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I have just completed Lost in Space and have embarked on Star Trek Discovery on Netflix and on Amazon, I have been re-watching The Walking Dead from the beginning.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I didn't realise The Walking Dead was on Amazon Prime. I've always meant to watch that but never got round to it...

Has anyone seen shows such as The Rain, Expanse, Altered Carbon, Safe, Ascension or Designated Survivor?

I haven't watched any for a few weeks now but I have started season 4. I'm not sure how many seasons are on there though.

Edited to add:

I've just checked and Seasons 1-7 are included with Prime
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    I didn't realise The Walking Dead was on Amazon Prime. I've always meant to watch that but never got round to it...

Has anyone seen shows such as The Rain, Expanse, Altered Carbon, Safe, Ascension or Designated Survivor?
    I've only seen The Rain, which wasn't anything amazing but it passed the time well enough, and Altered Carbon which looked great but was really weak script wise, so I quit after two episodes. I've heard great things about Expanse though, and plan to give that a shot, and will no doubt check out the others at some point, bar Designated Survivor which my girlfriend watches but isn't quite sure why!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I'm four episodes in to Star Trek Discovery so far. Not bad I Have to say.

It gets better as the season progresses, although it peaks around maybe episodes 12 or 13. I really loved the final scene of the final episode though...

I look forward to it. I watched episode 5 last night. Very good.

This is a new show on Netflix and if you have it, I totally recommend you give it a try. It stars Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) and Samuel Anderson who played Danny Pink in Doctor Who.

The plot is about Astronaut Niko Breckenridge (Sackhoff) and her young crew who face unimaginable danger as they go on a high-risk mission to explore the genesis of an alien artifact that has landed on Earth. She leaves her Husband on Earth trying to work out what the artefact really is.

I only started watching this on Saturday and have done 8 out of the 10 episodes already! Here's the official trailer. Has anyone else been watching this?

I haven't had much time recently to see a lot of tv, but that was on my to-see list. Glad to see it recommended, Duncan. I'll give it a look ASAP

Yes, do give it a go. Even Alison is enjoying it. For us it's been quite addictive

We have finished the first season which ended on a decent note. I hope it gets a second season.