Default And So It Begins...

Well, here we (start to) go again! Leaving aside my mumbling and muttering to myself that, if the new series genuinely isn't airing until October, July seems a bit early, this past week has seen the beginnings of the launch of the all-new Chibnall & Whitaker Doctor Who!

So... what have you thought of the World Cup Teaser? The Comic Con Trailer? And, er, the cover of the Radio Times...?

World Cup Trailer: Wasn't bad. Didn't tell you anything.
    Comic Con Trailer: Bit more substantial. Still didn't tell you anything and the "Will you be my new best friend?" line seemed at odds with the pained expressions of the other actors.
    Radio Times cover: Is that the trippy almost Star Wars aping one? Would look good in 3D. Whatever else in the picture is distorted beyond recognition. Not a bad idea, things get cleared the closest they are to broadcast.
    Leaked Train Carriage scene. Everyone is saying "Tennant-lite" but I could see some Troughton.

Only a few months left. Enjoy the Summer!

It looks fresh and new, doesn't it? The series needed something to freshen it up a bit. Not too sure about Jody's "will you be my new best friend" line...while she seems likeable in what we see, I just think it's a wee bit sugary and twee, particularly after Capaldi's Doctor. However, I can imagine most of the other Doctors coming out with that line in character and each one of them sounding totally different...particularly Capaldi. It's the contrast that I like.

It's piqued my interest now. I'm looking forward to it, but any judgement will rightly be after we've seen the episodes properly.

I have to say, I kind of hated that line in the trailer. Fell very flat and felt way too try hard to me, almost as if the new series itself was saying 'please love me'. It just felt a bit needlessly desperate, I guess. At least to me, anyhow. And slightly detracted from, rather than adding to, the teaser trailer, and the build up for the new Doctor.

Now, assuming that it is from an episode and not something done just for the trailer, then it may well be that in context of the episode and the new Doctor's character, once we know it better, it will work perfectly fine when said on screen, but in the trailer, free from such context, not so much. At least in my opinion, anyhow.

A rather inconsequential thing to even be posting about, I know, but with the new series still under such tight wraps, gotta make hay where you can find it at the moment...
    My momma said, to get things done
    you'd better not mess with Major Tom...

I had similar thoughts myself. The phrase just sounds too needy.

I'm really enjoying this quiet before the show is back.
    A year ago we'd know a lot more about the series to come. This year though it's been wonderfully quiet.
    That clip leak aside and a few writers and cast revealed, that's been it. Have the names of each episode been released yet?
    Good way of working, just get on with it and show it when it's done.
    Think that secrecy might be harder to contain next year.
    But it's nice isn't it? Nothing to stress about or theorise over as we've got nothing!
    Didn't feel like making it a thread so thought this thread would do.

I like the lack of spoilers as well, and hope the trend continues. Would be nice to know an airdate though so I can start counting down the days!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."