Default Creative thinking required...

Hey all... I've just got my tour group fancy dress theme and it's not an easy one, so I'm enlisting the greatest minds that I know of to help me. So, Planet Skaro, I need to be an American Icon. And I'm not being the Statue of Liberty. Needs to be relatively easy for transportations sake, and preferably not involve carrying too much stuff anround all night.

Best ideas so far are either Suzy Quattro (mostly cos I have rock gear already) or an astronaut. Help!

Marilyn Monroe immediately springs to mind.

Also Doris Day, Madonna & Dolly Parton.

EDIT: Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Bat Girl or Cat Woman? Or one of Charlie's Angels?
    Last edited by Dirk Gently; 22nd Mar 2007 at 5:25 PM. Reason: To add fictional people.

WhiteCrow Guest

The only American Icon I know from the top of me head is Kelly Clarkeson.

Woody Allen! Tis easy to do, just pull out some hair to get that slightly balding look, wear a pair of glasses and a brown suit, wave your hands all over the place when talking, and if you're there with your partner, leave them half way through the evening for an asian girl who's only just above the age of consent!

"RIP Henchman No.24."

Buffy would be easy.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Hmm, that's a tricky one. Reminds me of the time a couple of years ago that I went to a Hollywood theme party as...the Hollywood sign. Midnight blue shirt, letters cut out of cardboard and safety pinned on to the shirt- easy as anything.

Mickey Mouse could be fairly simple to do- ears cut out of cardboard (or maybe the Disney store do them), dab of black on the nose, black top and tights for the body colour and other clothes over the top of those.

Hopefully by that stage crutches will be a distant memory, otherwise you could have had a Calamity Jane thing going on...
    Last edited by Captain Tancredi; 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:19 PM.

Groucho Marx - and sans glasses, moustache and cigar you could re-use the costume if you get invited to a "Dress as the 2nd Doctor" party!

George Bush....?

Some nice ideas here guys... though I need to try and avoid overlap with other groups, who basically have all the fun themes (Star Wars, James Bond, sports stars, what you wanted to be at the age of 10, religious figures, tribal, cartoons, action heroes and Ben Stiller films). Also I need to be realistic with myself... I can't pull off Dolly Parton or Marilyn Munroe generally because I don't do the girlie thing and I have a reputation to uphold here! Quite like the Buffy idea, though I'm not sure if technically she's an action hero. Argh, I want to change groups!

Freddy Krueger?

Abraham Lincoln? Just get a top hat and a beard!

ELVIS!

Get a white jumpsuit and some fake sideburns and some novelty thick gold elvis glasses. Then put a bunch of fake bling on.

Last edited by Jeff; 29th Mar 2007 at 9:53 PM.

And there he is, in all his glory!!

Why not get a black dress, some mayo to add a stain and carry a cigar?