Default Rate And Review The Tsuranga Conundrum

Hello? Hello? This thing on?
    It's the middle of the afternoon and no thread about last night's episode?
    It wasn't THAT bad! Sure, will probably fold over into dust on rewatching but "Not as bad as I was thinking it would be".
    Results obviously may vary!

Ah, couldn't make a poll.

Well... I enjoyed it more than last week's. And the second episode. I see on non-Skaronian Internet's it's being taken apart. But like I said in the first post it didn't bother me as much.
    If it's the weakest of the series we got through it! Still alive! Onwards!

6 to 7. No higher, no lower.

That was the first episode I felt a bit bored during it and I could have easily cut 10 minutes without there being any problems. The final 15 minutes were pretty decent but the rest of it was a bit by the numbers and it's the sort of thing that we've seen many a time before. I'd rate it 6/10 as there wasn't anything bad about it, and I'm still liking Jodie, Graham, Ryan and Yaz a lot, but there should have been a bit more to it.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Once again, I really found myself enjoying it - some good Doctor-y business going on, I was impressed that Jodie kept the 'ow my side is hurting' acting going for a good long while (some actors would have thrown that away as soon as the plot started), and although I see from Twitter it's left a lot of people very disappointed, all I can say is, I liked it.

But-- already halfway through the season! Blimey!

It wasn't for me and I am beginning to feel that this season isn't for me either. However, we are only half way through do I hold out some hope for an increase in quality compared to that.

5/10 from me
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Oh dear... Couldn't be getting into this episode at all, give or take mostly-decent design. Mostly, because I couldn't take this monster seriously, however dangerous it's meant to be. Too-cute monster brought out in time for Christmas?

The story, when it got going, was dull and predictable, and could have been done in about half an hour.

2/10

I've just listened to the Jodie into Terror podcast reviewing this and whilst I agree that plot was rather by the numbers and a little bit thin, the character moments more than made up for the obvious shortcomings. Not my personal favourite for this series so far but if I was locked in a room and forced to choose I'd probably still watch this episode ahead of a large number of episodes from the last few years.

I quite liked it. it has all the things I like in a Doctor Who story, from the spaceship with control rooms and corridors to the base under seige feeling, the slightly uneasy android and the whole race against time thing. I'm a bit old school when it comes to my Who tropes!
    Yes, it was probably not the most original idea but I liked it all the same. I even felt that we got to know the guest characters a little better than usual in recent times, to the point where I was invested in what happens to them (yes, some of that was a little predictable but it was still good TV). 7 out of 10 from me.

Probably the weakest episode of the series. Reasonably enjoyable in it's own way but not too boring, but it would have benefitted from being half the length. 20 minutes story expanded into a complete episode. 4/10