Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Silver medal time .... with 40 points it’s .....

DUNCAN!!!

Well done Sir - that’s really impressive. A Doctor Who desktop calendar is on its way to you.

Which means that taking home the gold medal with a whopping 43 points it’s....

RICHARD BRINCK-JOHNSEN!!

Many congrats Richard - your Amazon e-voucher will be flying through cyberspace to you very soon!

Did you all have fun?

It's been so much fun, thanks Dave! I did well for the early part but I fell apart at the end this year!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Thank you so much Dave for your superb efforts, it's been a rather busy December for me what with learning Christmas carols in BSL and failing my driving test again (3rd time's the charm hopefully!) so the quiz has proved to be a tremendously fun diversion.
    Once again, I was genuinely expecting a closer finish after being only 1 point ahead at day 18 but am relieved to have escaped another tie-break situation!
    Well done everyone and hope you all had great Christmasses!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Like Si, I also fell away at the end...but without the benefit of having a particularly great start! Quite often, I just don't have much time to spare to research answers and there were one or two questions which I didn't even submit an answer...it often came down to the fact that I simply knew answers with minimal effort required! Anyway, I'm quite happy with 19 points (which I'm sure could have been more given a bit of effort!) I don't feel that I embarrassed myself...but I can appreciate the effort and commitment given to the cause by the winners! Well done, Richard, Duncan and Si...and a big huge Thanks to Dave for organising it all again...

I may have came in last but I've had a ball taking part...roll on next year!

The shame of getting the wooden spoon years ago spurred me on!
    Great game Dave, thank you.
    Not posted or recorded: the incredibly un-Christmassy language coming from my direction over the Brian the Snail question. See that's why if I ever appeared on a Quiz show the episode would be broadcast as midnight, if at all.

Same time next year then?

Congratulations to my fellow winners. Like the Daleks, you play too well!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's been fun watching from the outside for once - sadly reduced internet time at work and almost no IT access at home thanks to building work meant that this year was a non starter, but hopefully next year........( And I got Leslie Crowther ; ). )
    Bazinga !

Thank you.

That’s what I wanted to know.

Deleted repeat post
    Bazinga !

I'm shocked. I was dropping points towards the end and was convinced Si would take second place off me. I didn't get Leslie Crowther (or David Jason's nose. I thought it was Donald Trump!) I also failed to workout the connection to the three songs but I did put in a lucky guess with Brian the Snail.

Thanks Dave for doing this again. It's a true highlight every December which even gets my wife texting me daily to check that I have looked at the question!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Just to echo what's already been said, thanks Dave for organising all this once again - it genuinely is one of the highlights of December & the run up to Christmas. I especially love the fact that one day I can know the answer straightaway and then the next have not even the faintest whiff of an idea. The range and nature of the questions is what makes it especially brilliant - as the Doc once said, you never quite know what you're going to get.

So, thanks again and I'm just amazed to have got into the 20s!!
    Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 28th Dec 2018 at 5:21 PM. Reason: Speeling mistake