Default RIP Terrance Dicks

Sad news today that one of the architects of the SHOW, Terrance Dicks has died.

It's impossible to underestimate his contribution to the show. Script Editor, Writer... And that's before he inspired generations of children to read with his prolific contribution to the Target books range.

He will not be forgotten.

So what were your favourite things Terrance Dicks did?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Very sad to hear as he was a bigger legend to the series and arguably single handedly kept the series alive in literature (even though there had been novelisations of earlier stories.
    R.I.P.

All the obvious things of course, the Pertwee years, the novelisations, the Five Doctors... But also more recently, his lively and entertaining presence on many a DVD extra. I know that "my only job was to stop them having to show the test card" was a humorous bit of self-deprecation, but it was also interesting to hear his comments on continuity on Day of the Daleks. And, I don't know where it was, but there's an interview where he says that they called him from the rehearsal room to say there was a problem - and without even knowing what it was, he just said "I'll fix it". He just was very professional, and very very good at his job. The fact that, after the initial anger, he embraced the whole "Robin Bland" joke sums him up I reckon, just a nice, regular bloke.

I was abroad on holiday when I heard the sad news. Of course, by the poolside with my kindle it was an ideal opportunity to re-read The Abominable Snowmen for the first time in many years. It was the perfect reminder of why I loved him so much, for bringing these past/lost stories back to life in such an entertaining manner.

He's a major figure in Who history and will be much missed