Thread: Mr Pregnant

Default Mr Pregnant

I've been surfing around the net a lot lately what with being bed bound, and I keep on finding links to Mr Pregnant's You Tube videos.

Now Mr Pregnant is probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It shouldn't be weird, but it just is. Basically he just does karaoke versions of old songs. But it's just...freaky...

Here's his youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mrpregnant

& here's his cover of The Lady In The Red - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhVgczrxLg

And here he is ranting about You Tube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-AuH...elated&search=

So what does everyone make of him? Is it just me or is it all a bit odd?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

He is a bit odd, yes.

Idiot with webcam?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The thing that I find strange is that he's supposedly the latest 'internet phenomenon', and he's appeared on VH1 and MTV and various other channels in America, and yet he seems borderline mentally ill to me. I know that sounds harsh, but some of his videos where he just talks rather than sings come across as really odd, and I don't know, it just makes me feel a little uncomfortable. He obviously wants to become famous, but well, should these tv channels give him exposure? Or could it all be an act? Hmmm...I just don't know...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

It looks to me like it's just a freakshow act. It doesn't look very funny either.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That is something I never wanted to see.

I know. It's really not good. But I've just this uncomfortable feeling about it all, and so many questions - is he mentally ill? Is it all an act? Are tv stations doing the responsible thing by giving him airtime? Could he be exploited? As he's shamelessly selfpromoted himself, is that a reason for them to be excused for doing so? And why have people become so interested in what seems like a very one trick pony - ie an overweight man singing poor songs?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."