Thread: TMNT

Default TMNT

Anyone feeling in a retro mood and of a certain age is sure to remember the The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles now back in a CGI animated(unusually for animated) action/adventure(not comedy movie.Theres an impressive voice cast and the trailer dont look bad either-anyone gonna see it?

Bummer, dude. Cowabunga. Let's kick some shell. Turtle power.

Actually, I don't really want to re-visit 1989. But the film might not be all bad, the CGI style quite suits the Turtles and it might be quite funny. Perhaps.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I remember Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles but no ninjas as far as I remember.

The wife wants to go see this and mentions it every time the commercial comes on. I used to watch the cartoon back in the day and had the first NES video game too. I also still remember the live action movies. In fact, Miranda has those on VHS somewhere and has been talking about getting them out for the kids to watch...

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm not sure about this new film at all, I won't be going out of my way to watch it. I never liked the new cartoon version, so if it's like that then I won't be impressed. I was a big fan of the classic cartoon series when I was younger though, and the films... although the third one was rubbish.

I wasn't aware there was a new cartoon.

Pip Madeley Guest

Oh yes:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 TV series)

The 2003 animated series deviates from the 1987 - 1996 animated series significantly. While still a Saturday morning cartoon, the show bears more resemblance to the original, "darker and edgier" comics, published by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird's Mirage Studios. Gone are a cartoony Shredder and his inept mutant/alien associates. Bebop and Rocksteady, Krang, the Technodrome and Dimension X are all absent from this series since they were not in the original comics and were created for the 1987 animated series, and Shredder is much more menacing and threatening than his previous cartoon incarnation.
    I quite liked the old one, personally.

the 1987 - 1996 animated series
    I didn't realize the old series ran that long!