Default The Faceless Ones

Well, it's out. Depending on where you are, and the reliability of whichever company you bought through during this difficult time, you may or may not have a copy.

Mine has arrived, but since we're so close to it on the podcast, I'll be waiting until we get to it before I watch it.

So, with that... how is the animation? Are the special features on the discs any good?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I just got a copy from the local Sainsbury. Nice to see the animation is in both B&W and Colour.

I've sort of had a 'take it or leave it' attitude to the animations so far - not a criticism of them it's just that, like the recons, I find it hard to get too excited. But having said that, more by coincidence than by some kind of concerted push for the animated stories, my daughter has bought me both of the releases so far: Power of the Daleks at Xmas 2016, and The Macra Terror for my birthday last year.

The Faceless Ones, as a story, I rather like - it's a bit B-Movie, but in its favour the Commandant character, and Wanda Ventham, are real top-notch, and the setting makes it rather distinct. So I rather hope the animation will enhance its reputation - and I also rather hope I'll be getting it for my birthday at the end of June!!

But, controversially, no hat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    it's a bit B-Movie
    I think that one can make that statement about almost the entirety of the Innes Lloyd era - from The Savages through to The Enemy of the World, 90% of those stories could be a bit b-movieish. I do really enjoy them all, though

Really looking forward to when we get around to this one

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d