WhiteCrow Guest

Default Clock change day ...

Awful day, tired as hell, had to go to an early football match for my son's team which was away - so you can imagine that meant UBER early.

The team they played were a bunch of little bastards - and cos they were fielding the ref, he turned a blind eye to a lot. We had to cause up a fuss after one of their players when up and kicked one of ours in an act of spite. That player was sent off, although kind of lost the point when everyone from their team.

A real spiteful side, my son's team always get upset after playing them - they always manage to get in a few name calling, some nasty tackles and half the team refuse to shake hands at the end of the game. In the end I heard the referee apologise for the incident to their coach (!?!).

Did I mention the kids age is a mere 9 - heaven help us when we get to the teenager stages.

Pip Madeley Guest

Your son's coach should do something about it.

I was up alright this morning, though at the library we had a few Polish/Russian people turn up an hour late for their computer sessions. Some of them can hardly speak any English so it's no surprise that they got completely confused...

I'm just glad that as of tomorrow I'll be able to arrive home when it's still light and not need to draw my curtains as soon as I get in!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    I'm just glad that as of tomorrow I'll be able to arrive home when it's still light and not need to draw my curtains as soon as I get in!
    What do you use Jonno, felt tip or crayons?

Captain Tancredi Guest

I was thinking about this earlier and reached the conclusion that rather than the small hours of Sunday morning, surely the logical time to put the clocks forward an hour would be 4pm on Friday afternoon.

Yes but would you be so eager to put the clocks back on a Friday & have two 4 o'clocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post

but the annoying part of putting the clocks forward is that when your leaving for work at 6am it will be dark again where as the last week ot two it's been almost light at that time.

Luckily I don't have to leave for work until 7.45, but at the end of the day I prefer darker mornings and lighter evenings than the other way round. Tonight it made me feel like I'd left work earlier than usual, and it makes the evening feel longer - of course, it's all psychological!

I prefer it the other way round lighter mornings and darker nights but then because I finish work at 3.30pm the dark evenings don't really bother me some how if it's cold and wet it dosen't seem so bad when it's light.