Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Smith And Jones 0

Human Nature/Family Of Blood 6

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd not only be deciding in favour of Paul Cornell, but also so decidedly.

Well played! Got a lot less predictable as the game went on. Not complaining about the winner. And driven close by Smith And Jones, a really good story.
    And my favourite from the next series is Midnight. So have fun voting that out first!

A worthy winner!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    And my favourite from the next series is Midnight. So have fun voting that out first!
    There’s definitely other contenders for worst of the season, if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the story I expected to win in this round and is my second favourite of the season after Blink which is the only new series story to get in my all time top 10.
    I knew Blink would never win as I'm aware that a few PS members aren't as keen on it, so am happy that my second fav made it through.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    I knew Blink would never win as I'm aware that a few PS members aren't as keen on it, so am happy that my second fav made it through.
    Exactly my thoughts here, too! Although overall, I feel that this is a weaker season than it's predecessors...

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    Exactly my thoughts here, too! Although overall, I feel that this is a weaker season than it's predecessors...
    Frankly, there’s little of interest to me between Eccleston’s season and Smith’s first season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me each season from the new series return onwards had a pretty much a diminishing return of enjoyment until most recently, with Eccleston's era being the highlight. Jodie's second season bucked the trend by being the first season since it came back where my average rating would have increased and is up there with Tennant's first season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much dreading the entire run from The Next Doctor to Twice Upon A Time.

Not so much a case of best stories, more an eight-year run of least-worst...

I'm not a huge fan of much of this period (Smith's first season is probably the highlight for me though, after Eccleston's season) but all the same we have to give these seasons the same chance as the others. Even if it's voting down certain stories from day one!

Smith has a small sprinkling of genuinely good stories, including a couple of great ones in his first two seasons, but for me the Capaldi era was largely a disappointment. As a Doctor, I think I still preferred him to Tennant (not difficult, because I can't stand Tennant's Doctor) but Moffat threw the show down the toilet if you ask me. Even though he'd temporarily rescued from RTD's soapy emo-fest.
    As for Chibnall's era.... it's like SJA, but instead of Sarah we've got Dr Mork instead. Frankly, Jodie Whitaker's portrayal is more like a children's tv presenter than anything else. I think Jo Martin would actually have been a far better choice. At least she has a bit of presence and gravitas.

I still watched but there was a dip in massive interest during Matt Smith. Won over by Jodie better than Peter Capaldi did.
    But it's elimination games on the Internet. Vote them up. Vote them down until last standing.
    The real weirdest game will be the grand final when it's all finished.
    I don't want to post in that thread as I love the symmetry of post after post with one story added.
    But looking through the list of winning stories. It's staggering! There's stuff we all wouldn't have picked. Some of it seems so blindingly obvious. And day after day we're adding to it slowly.
    This is the only forum that runs these sort of things. The enjoyment this is providing may be hard for some guests to understand.
    I love this forum!

I'm glad you're enjoying it It's what to follow it all up with that's the problem, Dino!

Once this is all over, I had some vague notion of a daily Head-To-Head game, at it's simplest level basically say, An Unearthly Child vs Rose, followed by The Daleks vs The End Of The World etc. But the split won't be strictly old series vs new series, maybe just split it down the middle either starting with season 1 vs season 21 then moving forward, or splitting the entire number of serials in half so that the first half is up against the second half. Like I said, plans are pretty vague at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I think Jo Martin would actually have been a far better choice. At least she has a bit of presence and gravitas.
    My Aunt Dolly's under the doctor because of the presence of gravitas in an odd place.

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    Once this is all over, I had some vague notion of a daily Head-To-Head game, at it's simplest level basically say, An Unearthly Child vs Rose, followed by The Daleks vs The End Of The World etc. But the split won't be strictly old series vs new series, maybe just split it down the middle either starting with season 1 vs season 21 then moving forward, or splitting the entire number of serials in half so that the first half is up against the second half. Like I said, plans are pretty vague at the moment...
    Only ideas I have is a reversal where the worst story wins, or a best companion introduction story elimination game. But that gives disadvantages to McCoy, McGann unless novels and Big Finish stories included.

Only ideas I have is a reversal where the worst story wins...

I like that idea!

Twin Dilemma wins hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Twin Dilemma wins hands down.
    Until we get to The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe!

Until we get to The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe!
    Nope! Still Twat Dilemma.