Hybrid View

Default "And the new Doctor COULD be a woman!"

Very small little new story tucked away, you may have missed it, but apparently the BBC is looking for a new lead actor for its popular sci-fi series Dr Who... At the risk of coming over all Johnny Matthis, the next Doctor could be male, female, black, white, no-one knows...

Any thoughts on WHO it should be? (Do you see what I did there?)

It should be another woman. Let's get this idea established or else it makes Jodie look like a failure, which she most definitely isn't.

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I was more than happy for Jodie and Chris to do another year. I just wish I was knowledgeable about various actors! I'd love another actress to play it.
    But no idea what actresses are up and coming?
    Susannah Fielding? Nothing Doctorish about her current gig as a presenter with Alan Partridge. But that's only because that show isn't doing anything remotely Doctorish. But see how it goes.
    I'm really not looking forward to "Hurry up and change!" comments directed at the new series.
    Whoever gets picked, I wish them well and look forward to seeing how they do.
    Jodie's episodes have been a lot of fun.

I would have liked to see Jodie stay in the role with another producer at the helm. I haven't been a fan of Chibnall's version of Who aprt from the odd story here and there. Do I know who I want to see take over from Jodie? No. I don't mind another female though that's for sure.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I'd like to see Jo Martin come in.

Publically Michael Sheen came top of a recent poll...so he'll not be doing it.
    The poll also mentioned Richard Ayoade, Andrew Scott, Colin Morgan, Alexander Vlahos, Ben Whishaw & Olly Alexander.
    All non starters I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I'd like to see Jo Martin come in.
    Yes, I personally thought she carried it off much better than Jodie. And she looked more the part too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk