Default No Time To Die - Spoilers!

Went to see No Time To Die the other day - I've got a lot of questions! I'm going to do this spoiler-filled thread below and see what everyone thought.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

So - there was loads to enjoy in this film. Although the pre-credits teaser lasted for about 141 minutes, I really enjoyed it. The imagery in the Norway house was superb, especially the creepy masked man who I thought would recur throughout the film.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first half, thought it was cracking. Felix's death was brilliant. I think the turning point was the scene with Ernst Stavro Blofeld; which was great in itself, despite the ludicrous slow-moving cell.
    But after that, I found it really hard to care about the Rami Malek character (Saffron?) and although the final end left me feeling a bit tearful, I thought it could have been a lot stronger. And the great, final action sequence was just Bond climbing a rather dull stairwell and shooting people. They could have done something really inventive here! Maybe if it had all been in one shot from the top to the bottom, or if there had been some colour somewhere. I wanted something more from his final battle.

Anyway, on to the questions.

1 - How was Blofeld controlling Spectre from his cell?
    2 - Who was looking after the kid in the house in Norway?
    3 - What was going on with the scene in the middle where Madeline is doing psycho-therapy with Saffron?
    4 - Was it the first time she realised that Saffron was the person who killed her mother?
    5 - Was she living in Norway and flying over to the UK to do psych analysis on Blofeld?
    6 - I can't remember if Mr White was a member of Spectre, or not? If so his DNA might have been on the database - Madeline makes a big point of not shaking James Bond's hand and I thought that was significant.
    7 - What has Saffron got against Spectre?!
    8 - Who was "Three weeks training" lady working for and how did her stupidly revealing dress not fall off when she was high-kicking and jumping everywhere?

And really, really picky but:
    9 - James Bond fires his electromagnetic pulse that fries all electrical circuits, including Captain Eyeball's eyeball. But then - straight away - he uses his earpiece to speak to Q! How does that work?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'll try & answer some of these...to your satisfaction? May be not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    1 - How was Blofeld controlling Spectre from his cell?
    2 - Who was looking after the kid in the house in Norway?
    3 - What was going on with the scene in the middle where Madeline is doing psycho-therapy with Saffron?
    4 - Was it the first time she realised that Saffron was the person who killed her mother?
    5 - Was she living in Norway and flying over to the UK to do psych analysis on Blofeld?
    6 - I can't remember if Mr White was a member of Spectre, or not? If so his DNA might have been on the database - Madeline makes a big point of not shaking James Bond's hand and I thought that was significant.
    7 - What has Saffron got against Spectre?!
    8 - Who was "Three weeks training" lady working for and how did her stupidly revealing dress not fall off when she was high-kicking and jumping everywhere?

And really, really picky but:
    9 - James Bond fires his electromagnetic pulse that fries all electrical circuits, including Captain Eyeball's eyeball. But then - straight away - he uses his earpiece to speak to Q! How does that work?
    1, He had a false eye, the white one, which was using some eye movement tech inside it to communicate. Like the guy on the motorbike at the start of the movie, it was confiscated; thus he had an empty socket when Bond interviewed him.

2, No idea, but I assumed the kid was with her in England & the trip to Norway was only a one off as she was hiding/running away.

3, I took it that Safin was a 1st time new patient.

4, Yes, I took it as that.

5, See number 2.

6, Yes, he was in Spectre, one of the owners of the Ring Bond recovered & got Q to examine. (Spectre)

7, Spectre had his whole family killed. They sent Mr White to do it. Hence the revenge attack on Madeline & her Mother as Mr White wasn't there.

8, She was CIA. There because Felix needed her help. Her dress was a throw back to Bond of old & she clearly used a LOT of body tape.

9, Yes. I notinced?commented on that as well. Poor writting & if there was a clipping to that scene that had Bond turning his earpiece off then on again it was poor editing aswell.

The only thing I picked up on with regards to the earpiece was that Q stated that the watch will short out all hard wired tech.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    The only thing I picked up on with regards to the earpiece was that Q stated that the watch will short out all hard wired tech.
    Ah, I missed that. Nice catch.

I really enjoyed the movie, I have to say. However, I am really confused with the timeline in which Craig's Bond sits. Is he a continuation of the previous, or was the reboot meant to imply he is the original James Bond. Either way, there are questions where there answers would contradict each Theory.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I have always taken it as a complete reboot. But just set in today...ish.

The movie did cover one thing, there has now been a female & black OO7...just not James Bond.

So, if the reboot means we are starting from the beginning again (Skyfall shows M's office being set up how it used to be and Spectre was Bond meeting Blofeld for the first time), how could there be portraits of the previous M's on the wall when Mallory was sitting on his own looking at a painting of Judy Dench's version of M? Maybe I am reading too much in to it, but it does confuse me.

Oh I was delighted to see the old portraits of the various M's!
    I've decided to take Basil Exposition's advice - enjoy the ride and try not to think about it too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    So, if the reboot means we are starting from the beginning again (Skyfall shows M's office being set up how it used to be and Spectre was Bond meeting Blofeld for the first time), how could there be portraits of the previous M's on the wall when Mallory was sitting on his own looking at a painting of Judy Dench's version of M? Maybe I am reading too much in to it, but it does confuse me.
    There has always been a OO division, just not a James Bond?
    I just took it as a nod to the previous movies but not neccesarily canon within the new version.