Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Watched an episode from Feb 1970. Annie Walker was ruling the roost, and Elsie was having 2 men sniffing after her. We even got a flashback to a 60s episode! Gorden Kaye was also in it, and Betty Turpin was in charge of the Corner Shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flashbacks in Corrie!! Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

Jumping forward to the present - isn't it amazing how big Kev's garage and Underworld have become!

Very strange court of justice that's trying Peter Barlow at the moment. The defence seems to be trying to accuse witness Carla Connor of being the murderer in order to get him off. Yet surely if there was any evidence to link her to the crime, she'd be in the dock herself? There's also the suggestion if he gets off she'll be in the frame.

Surely this is not how British justice works, your honour?

Si.

It's 'trying' () to keep patience with the Peter Barlow plot. You'd have thought Ken, or somebody, sure of Peter's innocence, might have postulated over the damning evidence being found in the out-house - knowing that other people live there....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm just catching up on Corrie. Where's Deirdre gone?

My wife and I are planning to do the Corrie tour next month. We are just looking for somewhere decent to stay. Anyone on here been and can recommend any hotels that are not too expensive and are near to the tour?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Deidre has disappeared to see Bev suddenly, which is a bit suspicious. I rather fear Anne Kirkbride might be having health issues or somesuch.

We went on the Corrie tour, it's fantastic! We stayed in the Salford Keys Travel Lodge which was fine - clean, inexpensive and it was a nice pleasant tram ride into the centre of Manchester each day. It's also quite near the Mediacentre UK, the current home of Corrie, so we walked up there and had a drink one day. It was a terrific weekend!

Si.

Thanks for that. It seems to be cheaper than the Premier Inn I looked at.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Well, it'll be a huge injustice if the Norris/Undelivered Parcel storyline doesn't win a BAFTA next year for "Not giving a damn about insulting the viewers' intelligence"...

And am I imagining it, or was the parcel that Norris finally brought home completely different from the one we saw trying to be delivered a few days ago?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Just dipping into Daran Little's "40 Years of Coronation Street" book. I didn't realise that Maggie Jones was the second person to play Blanche (and therefore the first adult Corrie actor to take over an existing role). The original actress (Patricia Cutts) committed suicide after doing just two episodes.

And here she is - Blanche Mk I

I've been dipping in and out of Corrie and I missed it, just what did Roy do with a cricket bat?

I think he hit Gary Windass with it ... repeatedly!

Well if I'm not mistaken there were 3 wobbly sets tonight (Eileen's staircase, and Kirk's front and back door!)

We are reminded how ludicrous it is that everyone on Coronation Street manages to find a job on the same street. Gail, for example, who worked in the medical centre, while her Mother has a business next door to her house and her son has a business over the road.

Si.