0 0%
  • 3 - Poor

0 0%
  • 2 - Bad

0 0%
  • 1 - Awful

0 0%

Default Rate And Discuss: The Giggle - 60th Anniversary Special 3

The giggle of a mysterious puppet is driving the human race insane. When the Doctor discovers the return of the terrifying Toymaker, he faces a fight he can never win
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Very good but the last few minutes take a few points off. It was a weird non regeneration story ending.
    It just happened which I thought was wasted as could have had those regeneration fake outs things in the previous two stories.
    I'm going to have to rewatch because Tennant did pull focus from Gatwa to really appreciate his debut moments.

Edit: No it doesn't. There was a valid reason for doing this and interrupting the current Doctor.

I've given it 7/10. I wasn't as taken with this story as the previous 2. I really wanted to love the Celestial Toymaker being back but something just didn't feel right, I can't put my finger on it.

The whole regeneration thing was weird. I'm not sure what to make of that. Loved that they shared out the clothes.

Ncuti Gatwa was a breath of fresh air! He was both new but also so very Doctor, a bit like Matt Smith. I can't wait to see him at Christmas.

A solid 7 from me.

Once again, I had issues with the dialogue being quiet compared to the music and background noise. I know it's not my TV settings as other programmes are fine. I hope they sort the sound out ahead of the new series next year.

As for bi-generation, I hated it on first watch purely because I never believed the Doctor would simply stop fighting evil around the universe and simply settle down with a temp from Chiswick. It didn't sit right with me and I think I would have preferred to say a final goodbye to Tennant with him disapperaing some way and leaving the new Doctor to carry on. There are no plans for Tennant to re-appear according to RTD so are we to believe that the 14th won't be tempted to help the 15th on any future earth bound adventures?

Then I started reading other fan theories online and gave the episode another watch. The bi-regeneration is The Watcher in reverse, so it's sort of been done before. But the one that I agreed with most was the theory that 14 goes on to be the Curator from the 50th anniversary episode. Matt's 11th Doctor did suggest that he could retire one day and become a Curator. Maybe that's what 14 will eventually do? It's a good theory and I accept what happened in The Giggle a bit more now.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?