1 25.00%
  • 3 - Poor

1 25.00%
  • 2 - Bad

0 0%
  • 1 - Awful

0 0%

Default Rate And Discuss: Space Babies

Ruby learns the Doctor's amazing secrets when he takes her to the far future
    There, they find a baby farm run by babies
    But can they be saved from the terrifying bogeyman?

Well! I seem to be the only person who didn't actively dislike this one. I should have done, based on the silly title and what it implies - some of what we actually get. The idea as to why the babies were there was thought out pretty well, although not so much that what seems to be the babies making themselves gadgets in order to work the gadgets; they're still in toddler bodies, and are older than they seem, but are still only six mentally...?

And that's the level the humour concerning the bogeyman's humour is aimed, sadly. (The average age humour-wise on PS is seven years...) It was filmed, lit and CGI-tidied well though, disguising the thing's obvious bloke in a rubber suit origins. I didn't think of this til we saw the actual bloke dressed up in the BBC3 programme.

The other bit-of-a-gripe is the Time Monsterish fixing of the Lizard Ruby problem - pressing the appropriately-named button on the TARDIS console; typical deus ex machina rubbish. Otherwise, these first two episodes have been good entry-level stories, not beating viewers with too much back story, just enough so that new viewers don't get bogged down, and the rest of us don't get bored.

8/10

OK, Well that could have been worse. I'm not bowled over with this episode. It was childish when it could have been more dramatic. As has been pointed we have 6 year old babies that move around in motorised push chairs but also have the capabilities to make devices to help themselves control the ship/station. If they can do this why can't they just use the controls as normal?

In short: not good enough. 5/10.

I've finally got around to watching this,
    and the baby/toddler scenes were a bit too cheesy for my liking, so Poor is my vote
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge