Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Trudi G Guest

Default So Who's Ready For Christmas?

C'mon, tell us whether you're an organised person who had most of it sorted out by June, or you leave it till the last minute and run around like a headless chicken on Christmas eve trying to find presents!

Wayne Guest

I'm afraid i'm the headless chicken variety. I can't be doing with all this xmas starting so early malarky. It starts on Dec.24th & finishes on Jan.1st for me.

I fall inbetween the two- if i see especially things for people i like then i will buy them a long time in advance, but if i didn't before now them i'll end up being headless.

I've got some way into buying for a certain person, but family are a hassle. I just hate the tedious unmeaning ritual of buying the perfume/chocolates/biscuits they don't really want!

So I'll leave them 'til last.

Si.

I've got a couple of presents but I tend to end up doing a late dash for the shops. Most of the time a get people little presents and then get them something better and cheaper in the January sales.
    "All we found in his pockets were knives and lint"

I all ways do my xmas shopping as quickly as possible and try to get it done before the end of November as I simply don't have the patience to fight my way through manic crowds of people. So I've pretty much got everything now just got to get a couple of pressies for my mum, sister and young nephew than thats that for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    , but family are a hassle. I just hate the tedious unmeaning ritual of buying the perfume/chocolates/biscuits they don't really want!

Si.
    I think we're all a bit like that and as each year passes it just gets harder and harder to buy things for family..t

Well we've got everybody's presents & we just have to finish off getting stuff for each other & that's it. Should all be done & dusted by the end of the month.

Trudi G Guest

My family has made the decision not to buy for the grown-ups this year, but i decided if i could find small gifts for under a tenner for everyone i would get them. I'm happy to say i managed it, and i enjoyed the challenge.

I've got a fair bit done for his nibs but nothing for anyone else. I used to leave it all to the last minute but got really bad flu one year and didn't get better till christmas eve and then had to do all the shopping in one day whilst still not feeling 100% pure love.

It's a lesson for us all...though with the interweb at least you can shop from home these days even when ill.

I don't like to do it too early, but equally I don't like to be stressed for the whole of December. Two years ago, we just couldn't be arsed, and left it to the last possible minute, and it was awful - this year, we've not done too badly, with only my Mum, and some more stuff for Little Miss to sort out, plus older nephew's pressie to buy (although we know what we're getting him, which is half the battle).

Plus each other's pressies of course (I've done a list for Zel, because I like to help...)

We're putting the decs up next Saturday. December 1st isn't too early and we've not got any weekends at home until the 23rd after that.

That's the reason. It's got nothing to do with wanting to have tinsel and presents everywhere as soon as possible.

Si.

Trudi G Guest

we're putting them up on either 2nd or 3rd, Christian loves to help and i love all things sparkley!

Captain Tancredi Guest

I've been buying a bit every month, but the reality of it is that with us getting paid (and our bonuses) on the 20th, everybody in the bank has a mad last few days. Basically I've got stuff for Mum and Dad because I know I'll be seeing them, but at the moment I'm inclined to leave the rest of the family until the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    We're putting the decs up next Saturday. December 1st isn't too early and we've not got any weekends at home until the 23rd after that.

That's far to early for me if we put our decorations up that early I'd be fed up with looking at them a week before christmas

Wayne Guest

I don't put them up at all.

Teresa Guest

I am a bit mad a Christmas... I Love it...
    not the commercial bit, put the spirit of it all!!
    and i like to think i put very careful consideration into every present i buy and don't buy things i think people don't want, even family... admitedly it is very difficult!
    i also like to do the shopping part as early as possible...
    that is the Only thing about christmas i can't stand.... the manic, pushy, infuriating crowds!!
    Oh and Christmas starts one the first sunday of advent or the 1st of Dec for me... which ever comes first

Teresa
    xx
    Last edited by Teresa; 24th Nov 2006 at 12:01 AM.

Nor do I.
    I leave that to the family peeps when I visit.
    "All we found in his pockets were knives and lint"

Plus each other's pressies of course (I've done a list for Zel, because I like to help...)
    Actually it's a 3 page list!!!

I'm happy to say I've had everything sorted since the end of last month.
    I've been saving pound coins all year round in a big jar, and then I hit the shops and netty shops.
    Bit of a difference from a few years back-I was behind by about a month. Well, what I mean is, it was the 24th of December when I had to run around like a headless thing from Arc of Infinity.

Christmas now officially begins in my life today as it's the day after my Mum's birthday (she's older than Doctor Who, but can't remember watching it on her birthday - I'll disown her I tell you!) but - the stress begins of worrying what to buy everyone and battling through the high-street wacking people with my bags in the cold and rain before queing up in Starbucks for a coffee!

You know, perhaps I'll buy everything online this year and do it all from the comfort of my bed!

we're certainly going to have a packed and noisy house on Christmas Day my sister and her boy friend are coming down on Christmas Eve with their 2 year old son. So Christmas Day telly is going to be a choice of The Tweenies, Barney or Bob The Builder..

Pip Madeley Guest

I haven't *a clue* what I'm doing for Christmas, but I know I'm in work on the 23rd and 27th December.

Wayne Guest

I'll be at my folks from xmas eve to day after Boxing day.
    It's what singletons do at xmas i guess.