Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Totally Doctor Who: Series 2

Will you be joining Barney and Kirsten on Monday afternoons for Totally Doctor Who? Will the breakneck speed put you off again this year? Are you looking forward to the Infinite Quest, the new animated adventure?

This is the thread for your thougths about Totally Doctor Who.

For a sneak preview, press the red button on the CBBC channel, and you can go behind the scenes on the show.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Does anyone know if it gets a repeat at a more user-friendly slot, e.g. Saturday afternoon?

I know this week it has a repeat on Good Friday at 6pm, but I don't know about a Saturday repeat.

Si xx

Cheers Si - that'll do! It'll save me setting up the recorder in the morning!

Kirsten is going to be very googley eyed and annoying isn't she?

When is this actually going to be shown? From what I gather Episode 1 dbuts on April 2, and then because of Easter Episode 2 doesn't dbut until April 13th (the day before 'Gridlock' is on).

Is Monday going to be the regular day - it seems an odd day to show it since it's going to be interrupted for 2 weeks in May because of bank holidays...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Culley View Post
    When is this actually going to be shown? From what I gather Episode 1 dbuts on April 2, and then because of Easter Episode 2 doesn't dbut until April 13th (the day before 'Gridlock' is on).

Is Monday going to be the regular day - it seems an odd day to show it since it's going to be interrupted for 2 weeks in May because of bank holidays...
    IIRC, Radio Times lists this week's as 1/12, unless I imagined it. Maybe it'll miss a week?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

There's a Saturday morning repeat @ 10:30am on CBBC2.

Much better than the first series, but the animation thingy is cack.

Probably is only a 12 week run, especially since it's now going out after the Saturday episodes.

Gutted that I didn't record the teaser (Kirsten and Barney in the Totally studio) before 50/50 on CBBC1. That's one for the completists.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 2nd Apr 2007 at 5:48 PM. Reason: Can you spot the bit that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever? ;)

watched the cartoon, and I don't know if it was because it was in colour but IMO it was of a better quality then the animated episodes we got on the Invasion, DVD.

The cartoon was well animated but not all that exciting. Maybe it'll build up in the coming weeks.

The pace seemed less frenetic this time round, and the content was much improved I thought.

Si xx

I don't want to throw rice, I want to throw rocks at it.

I know it's not aimed at me and it's heart is clearly in the right place but by God it's awful! Totally hopeless presenters that totally have to amazingly say totally that everything is amazingly totally amazing every ten seconds and some of the worst totally amazing prizes in TV history. We got better crap than that in the 1980s! Give them some Doctor Who figures and DVDs at least, not some cheapo sweatshirt.

Freema was rather stilted in the dreary cartoon we thought and we don't need Reggie Yates do we? Would anyone know he'd been in the episode on saturday if they weren't told?

We're close to not bothering with it but you feel you should. I do think though that it worked better in the run up to the episode (i.e on a thursday) rather than straight after the previous weeks (i,e monday).

As long as the kiddos enjoy it, that's the main thing.

Yes, we kiddos loved it. Thought the animation on the cartoon was superb, but the story was a technobabble nightmare!

The Dad's will have liked the bit where Freema bends over to do her hand print. The camera saw right down her top! She likes showing off that tattoo on her arm as well.

The camera work is awful. It's like the cameraman isn't allowed to go to the loo or something so he's constantly hopping from foot to foot and shaking. If only the cameraman could have a wee, it might be watchable!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Even worse than the last series, sadly. We hadn't a clue what was going on in the cartoon, and it was mostly set in a single room! The lack of generosity with new clips is absolutely astounding - we got about 7 seconds worth of future footage in the whole thing and that didn't feature either the Doctor or Martha. The dire Companion Academy seems to have been replaced by something the same but worse (what WAS all that storyboarding nonsense about?) and the whole thing was just chaotic and flimsy.

Si.

When they announced which team had won the storyboarding contest, I thought he was going to say: 'And the winner is clearly, by a mile... the Doctor Who Production Team. No disrespect kids, but you are all only around 10 years old.'
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I laughed at the kid whose ambition was to be "an assistant Director". It's like getting three wishes and wishing you could win half a million pounds.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The Dad's will have liked the bit where Freema bends over to do her hand print. The camera saw right down her top! She likes showing off that tattoo on her arm as well.
    Can you believe I didn't even notice that until I rewatched it last night? I'm losing my Pervhound Downblouse Spotting skills!*

I bet Dave Tudor spotted it first time! Probably could predict it was about to happen.

* too busy watching Kirsten, as that's the kind of thing you get from her on SMart every week.

Pip Madeley Guest

Going against the grain, I thought that the opening episode was great! The change of location to backstage at the Dr Who studios is a great decision, with Freema, Reggie, Judoon, going inside the TARDIS set, a cartoon... it's pretty much what the kids will want!

So boo to all the old moaning minnies.

I thought showing the TARDIS set totally ruined the magic. Couldn't they have 'stepped through' the police box doors and kept it in a semi-fictional context?

Si.

well that was pretty much the first time i'd seen a full episode of it and I can't really say i'll be making an effort to watch more of it I just can't be bothered to sit through another one just to see a 3 minute cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Can you believe I didn't even notice that until I rewatched it last night? I'm losing my Pervhound Downblouse Spotting skills!*

I bet Dave Tudor spotted it first time! Probably could predict it was about to happen.
    I didn't watch it! I'll have to watch a repeat - thanks for the heads-up.

I wonder will they have a report from last year's Companion's Academy winner? Or is poor Louise to be forgotten, cast out, a Gareth Jenkins for the 21st century?

Probably not.

Dave's Companion Academy question was answered in today's episode.

We also got to see Erato with a tango tan and Kirsten mounting Tennant. Far too much smut for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    ...Kirsten mounting Tennant. Far too much smut for me!

When they were talking about the wires they used to fling the actor through the air and the girl presenter said she loved being wired up, Tennant asked if she loved being tortured in various ways, his look to camera was priceless.

She's a saucy minx, that Kirsten!

Liz was very good presenting the last series, but Kirsten seems so much more enthusiastic. Altogether it's a fun little series. OK< so there's a not a lot for us old timers, but what a treat that today's young fans have so much coverage of the series to look forwrd to.

Oh, and I'm quite enjoying the cartoon, too, especially today with its mentions of Nestenes, the Racnoss and - gasp! - the Great Vampires! Yay!

RTD's lanky git agenda digusts me and Kirsten is still too saucy for that 5pm slot. Nice clip from tomorrow night's episode, though.

Cap'n Calico is worth a pop!

Come on team TARDIS!