Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Cheers Pip. And @Steve.

I hope the use of multiple channels helped the scenes with two (or even three) Ben's in them! If you listen the different versions speak out of different speakers.

Si.

I now have a fully functioning CD of Keepsake with a cover.

Excellent! It should look something like this:

The inside front cover I knocked up myself as I didn't like to ask Pip to do any more! The disc label is also a home-made addition, but I've supplied Pip with a .JPG version so if anyone wants one you could try asking him nicely to put it up!

Si.

My God! the suspense is killing me - I shall be checking my letter box tonight!!!

Andrew Clancy stars as the Doctor?
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy Love
    Jonno's Day of the Daleks moment

These are our favourite moments from the out takes!

Si! Where on earth did get that version of the theme from? We demand to know!

Thanks everyone! That was a very entertaining 40 mins!

Oh and that guy playing the computer voice was brilliant...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Si! Where on earth did get that version of the theme from? We demand to know!
    I just found it somewhere on-line. Isn't it fab!

Si.

It is. It's a worthy successor to Keff's Latin version.

Si xx

Oh my - I'm on a CD cover and the banner - two ambitions come true! It looks like I've been pickled in time!

Fantastic cover, Pip - as Ant noticed, he looks splendidly evil! Looking forward to giving this a spin!

Jonno, Dave and Ant were all top quality in the audio play, methinks. Ant sounds far eviler on CD than he does in person! Jonno is fab as Terry Johnson, the bemused lecturer and Dave makes a lovely Ben. Manhole! (It would have been so much worse if he'd been called Jake. Honest!)
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Ant sounds far eviler on CD than he does in person!
    That's a relief!!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I now have a fully functioning CD of Keepsake with a cover.
    So do i! Thanks Si!
    I've not had chance to listen yet, with my sister being here this week, but rest assured i'll fit it in, asap.

Wow! That was great!!!

What a good idea for a mini-story and what an interesting choice of adversary to bring back. I thought Ant played it rather well and sounded very evil at times.
    I loved the interior of the space ship sound effect - that's an elongated one from the Radiophonic Workshop CD I think - let me see now is it the sound of the weird gadet the Doctor puts together in Remembrance of the Daleks?
    Sorry, I can't help myself when it comes to sound effects!!

I thought everyone played their parts very well - especially Dave Taylor and Jonno who had bigger roles in this one than they had had in the previous two epics. The only dodgy performance was from the passer by!!!

As for the "Andrew Clancy as Doctor Who" that Si Hart commented on in his recent post; do you know I had forgotten all about that? I recorded a short 'thank you' type message in case a documentary was made about the production of 'Soap'. As my part in 'Soap' involved me making announcements I'd put in a line about having always wanted to announce myself as playing the Doctor. The fact that Si Hunt just lifted the last part of the message and stuck it in the outakes section on the 'Keepsake' disc cracked me up - it just sounds so bizzare, this weird announcement in the middle of nowhere!!! - It's even worse that it's obviously me announcing myself - it's like me writing my own birthday cards or something!!!
    I'm afraid the silly bit shortly after that, with the toy Dalek saying exterminate was me too
    That will teach me to record embarrassing messages and send them to Mr Hunt

Coming back to the story itself though, I loved the messing about with time and the 'Back to the future' type scenes with 2 or 3 Bens and the odd Rob chucked in there for good measure. I also didn't realise until now that Steve's character was actually named Rob McCow - Yes, i got the Rob connection but I never thought his whole 'user-name' was being used as a character
    Fancy logging in as a character from a fan-made Doctor Who story - I mean who would ever do that???

Well done to everyone again. I must say the PS Audio collection is starting to look rather good on my shelf
    I loved the cover so an extra well done to Pip and Si Hunt for that too.

Yes, well done all - I finished it off last night, and Ant does have a definite air of menace about him (maybe a fully-fledged Toymaker/Doctor Paul story should be in the offing?) as the villain.

My favourite bit in part 2 was the "let's put our tiny brains" together spiel, which made me laugh - and my favourite documentary moments were P-Bal's almost laughing, and Jonno's re-creation of "The Day of the Daleks". Fantastic!

I'm so glad you both enjoyed it! Yes, I think a duel pitting Paul's Doctor against Ant's Toymaker would definately be worth hearing! (if the Doctor wasn't dead of course).

As for Rob McCow, well like everything else it just kind of evolved. When we adapted "Protii" we needed a new companion name so I asked Steve what he wanted to be called... he came back with "Rob" which I suspect was named after his user name. Then when we came to write his Mum into the next story (conceived before "Keepsake") I just thought it would be funny to have her called Mrs McCow! What else could the family surname be!
    that's an elongated one from the Radiophonic Workshop CD I think - let me see now is it the sound of the weird gadet the Doctor puts together in Remembrance of the Daleks?
    Gah, that Andrew Clancy working out all my secrets!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

Gah, that Andrew Clancy working out all my secrets!

Si.
    Sorry, but I'm afraid I do get just a tad anorakish about sound-effects.....apparently

I'm so glad you both enjoyed it! Yes, I think a duel pitting Paul's Doctor against Ant's Toymaker would definately be worth hearing!
    Hooray! I'd love to act with Ant in that one!

If the Doctor wasn't dead of course.
    Boo! Hiss!

It could always be set before 'Soap' of course Paul!!!

Pip Madeley Guest

If the Doctor's really dead, I'll remove the Doctor Who logo from the next cover.

Take that and party, Mr Hunt.

I'm glad my Toymaker seems to be going down well (whay do I get the feeling I'll regeret that particular phraseology? ). I always feel that my voice sounds too monotone when I'm trying to 'act'; if you listen to my voice in the subsequent interview it's far more animated!

I'd certainly enjoy playing the Toymaker again in a full Doctor story, though I'm not necessarily suggesting this should be any time soon as there's plenty of time for that - let's have some more original monsters/villains first!

Ahh, Si - you'll never be able to catch Andrew out with either sound effects or title sequences! I've recently started saying 'whatever!' when he's explaining something in minute detail!

Congratulations on the production side of things, too! It all sounds very professional as always. And thanks also for my CD - I wasn't expecting that!

Quote:
    Ahh, Si - you'll never be able to catch Andrew out with either sound effects or title sequences! I've recently started saying 'whatever!' when he's explaining something in minute detail!

He does too you know....the cheeky monkey!!!!

I'll have to challenge you sometime Andrew and see if I can catch you out- sound effect spotting is one of the things I'm very good at too, just ask Steve!

Oh and I've been writing some of Magical History Tour and can confirm he's not in it.

Si xx

Listened to the whole of Keepsake now. I enjoyed it loads although it was much too short! Rob is sort of irritating me now but in a good way! Ant is dead good as the Toymaker and it was nice to hear Jonno on an audio without putting on a daft voice!
    One thing I was confused about though was that I always assumed Soap had taken place in the future or on an Earth Colony or something. Was Soap set on Earth in 2007 then?

Soap was a present day adventure set at Easter 2007 in Elstree and Central London.

Si xx

Thanks for clearing that up Si.

Oh and I've been writing some of Magical History Tour and can confirm he's not in it.
    WHAT!!!! EH!!??? I'm confused. Can I do some silly voices in this one then?