Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I had completely forgotten about that alternative ending. Very funny indeed!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it Dave! You and Steve carry the adventure very well indeed!

Si.

Thanks Si,

I was pleased to discover that i actually understood what was going on when I listened to it. I must confess that I didn't really have a clue when I was recording it!!!

A big thumbs up to Jonno who I know was nervous about doing this but sounded really good!

Since the Doctor is obviously dead, perhaps Biiiiiiiiin and Robbbbb could have their own series of adventures?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

We have a new script with Ben in! Fact! It was written for us a few weeks ago and included a friend of Rob's so I asked for that to be Ben, as we'd just invented him. Hopefully we can get round to making it one day if people are willing!

Si.

I'm willing!!!!

I bet you are!

So am I

Am I correct in thinking that Dirk Gently is none other than Tim?

Dave xx

I always thought that was Camp Freddie.

Si.

just a quick one (fnar, fnar) to say that I'll be downloading Keepsake tonight, once I'm back at uni!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by davethesailor View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that Dirk Gently is none other than Tim?

Dave xx
    Yes, it is I. Different name from the old PS but the same avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I always thought that was Camp Freddie.

Si.
    Quiet you!

I'm not camp, am I?

Having now listened to the full version, I can comment a little more and I did listen to it with a big smile on my face! On the one hand, the fact that I knew the script beforehand made it much easier for me to follow what was going on, but equally it was great to hear the various sound effects, for example the sound of car doors being shut and the car being driven off really made me believe it was happening, whereas I'd recorded all that dialogue sitting on a chair! Equally effective was hearing the echoey speech of Ben and Rob in the underwater tunnels, the "distant" sound given to Ant's voice - very chilling, my good man! - and Si's almost unrecognisable voice as a computer!

I think this is what's impressed me most - knowing how it was recorded, but hearing the finished product - similar, but so different! Congrats to everyone involved!

Oh, and the making of is delightful too - P-Bal really wouldn't go amiss as a narrator on one of the DVD documentaries! On a personal level, I am naturally delighted that my Day of the Daleks moment is immortalised on CD!

Oh, and can I hold my hand up for the benefit of those who weren't there, and state that Rob's "Spack off!" moment was suggested by my good self - can't quite recall what the original word was, but it wasn't naughty!

or example the sound of car doors being shut and the car being driven off really made me believe it was happening, whereas I'd recorded all that dialogue sitting on a chair!
    Ah, the magic of audio!
    Oh, and can I hold my hand up for the benefit of those who weren't there, and state that Rob's "Spack off!" moment was suggested by my good self - can't quite recall what the original word was, but it wasn't naughty!
    Was it "Ooo, go away you terrible man, you!"?

I don't know what magic formula Si adds to the audio recordings, but they do seem to work extremely well. It's a delight hearing them back!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

I've just listened to this on the train back from my Mum & Dads'.
    Very good chaps! It was great to hear Jonno & Dave taking bigger roles, & doing such a fine job. Though i did wonder how Jonno managed to resist doing a Captain Mainwaring impression on a certain bit of dialogue?!
    Congrats too to Ant Cox who not only looks splendid in his Celestial Modern Jazzmaker outfit, but also did a great job in the play, as well.
    Oh, & the 'extras' were entertaining in a firmly tongue in cheek kinda way.

Managed to download and listen to part 2 yesterday , and have to agree with everything Wayne says. Special to Jonno for his very unexpected and sinister performance in Ep 2 - I shall be wary of that evil glint in his eye at the next meet !

Thank goodness P-Bal managed to sound so professional in spite of the material he had to work with too

I think a full series of 'The Fishing Adventures of Rob'n'Ben' would be worthwhile though.
    Bazinga !

Thanks for your very kind comments, chaps. Wayne - I was aware of the Dad's Army catchphrase, but wanted to play the role as straight as I could, so resisted the temptation!

And going on to Jon's point, when I first read the script, I loved the fact that I could have a go at playing good and evil for the same character, and tried my best to bring that across! Of course, having had no acting experience before (certainly not audio that I can think of), I didn't know if I could make it work!

Still don't like the sound of my voice though - it sounds so different from the voice I hear through my own ears!

Still don't like the sound of my voice though - it sounds so different from the voice I hear through my own ears!
    Weird isn't it? I think I'm just about used to mine now, although I still get that slight cringe feeling when I first hear it.

That's partially why Rob doesn't speak with the same voice that I do - if you see what I mean! Although Paul's voice suits being the Doctor very well, I reckons.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Why thank you! It'd be nice to be able to do some other voices eventually though.

I've done nothing but other voices, thankfully.
    The first time I made the decision to 'accent' it but with Soap I was told to. I don't mind doing what ever I'm asked to do so long a it sounds OK. I did notice that my accent slipped during Protii & now I know where it is it stands out like a sore thumb to me.

I don't mind doing what ever I'm asked to do
    It's a foolish thing to reveal!

Si.

Sorry, I'll try to keep my zip done up in future.

I finally got around to finishing mine last night, and I really enjoyed it.
    I thought Ants Toymaker was great, he was very unsettling and sinister, and this may sound like a stupid question, but was the red robe photoshopped on the cover or actually worn and taken from some kind of villainous costume wardrobe Ant has?
    I'm sure there are lots of things I could quote from this one as well(which I can't really remember at the moment!), Rob had a lot of great lines which made me laugh, And the computer in the prison ship 'That is correct. Puny earthling'
    And the sound/editing was excellent as usual, it's already been mentioned, but the stuff with the car revving up and the doors closing at the start of the story works really well, as does the music when there swimming to the ship beneath the lake.

Well done to all!

The red robe is a dressing gown that Steve bought for me froma trip to Scotland a few years back. The hat is Steve's which he bought in Pakistan a few years before the robe and they just happened to make a nice Toymaker outfit!

And the computer in the prison ship 'That is correct. Puny earthling'
    I thought the computer was magnificent too Martin

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Penny View Post
    II thought Ants Toymaker was great, he was very unsettling and sinister
    *adopts Toymaker voice*Why thank you, young Penny!

or actually worn and taken from some kind of villainous costume wardrobe Ant has?
    I think many people would conside my general attire to be villainous!