Thread: Lucky Soul

Default Lucky Soul

This London based quintet have just got a new album out. They're very '60s soul sounding (they actually sound like a more soulful Saint Etienne). All the singles I've heard so far have been fab.

Here's one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLLIsw1Yo0

What do you reckon?

Captain Tancredi Guest

It's fun and relistenable.

The Payday Fairy may have to bear that in mind when she visits HMV next week.

And even better, it appears that Jumbo Records in Leeds stock the album, so I can get one of their cool carrier bags like my colleague Bryan.

Lead singer Ali is being touted as the new Sarah Cracknell (ie: indie boys lust object of choice). But they have much more to recommend them than their "indie" credentials, as they are essentially a Brit Soul band. Very upbeat!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    Lead singer Ali is being touted as the new Sarah Cracknell (ie: indie boys lust object of choice).
    Second choice, after somebody whose name escapes me for the moment...

You can add your light to mine anytime- just let me know when you fancy a quick glow.

Captain Tancredi Guest

'The Great Unwanted' has been purchased and will be listened to over the next couple of days.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Just thought I'd bump this back up again after listening to the whole thing all the way through tonight- my first impression was probably right in that it's very listenable album with some lovely songs. Quite apart from looking as cute as anything, Ali Howard has a very engaging voice- I suppose part of singing soul is being able to put across the vulnerability and emotional heart of the song, and in the end she just makes me want to take her home, make her a nice hot cup of tea and give her a cuddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    Just thought I'd bump this back up again after listening to the whole thing all the way through tonight- my first impression was probably right in that it's very listenable album with some lovely songs. Quite apart from looking as cute as anything, Ali Howard has a very engaging voice- I suppose part of singing soul is being able to put across the vulnerability and emotional heart of the song, and in the end she just makes me want to take her home, make her a nice hot cup of tea and give her a cuddle.
    Awwww. Actually, that sounds like a bloody good offer!

Captain Tancredi Guest

There are some areas where online dating just can't compete.