Thread: Last.fm

Default Last.fm

Does else here use last.fm? It's a service that you install on your computer and it watches what music you listen to and posts it online (like mine) for other people to stalk you with. Creepy and cool at the same time.

Also, as it tracks what music you're listening to, it will recommend music for you, by doing some super dooper calculations about who has the most similar profile to you and what other things they listen to. You're also given "neighbors" who are just random people that have similar musical tastes and you might want to listen to their music streams too. Generally spiffy.

I use Linux, so I use Amarok with it. I'm not sure what program would be my pick on Windows, but I'm sure last.fm would make it supa easy for windows users.

Tell me if you have a profile and I'll add you! There's many Doctor Who groups.

Greetings, Daynah! Glad to see you over here!

Anyway yes... I've only just downloaded last.fm, so am in the middle of trying to get the hang of it! I'm using iTunes with it (because that's been my music programme of choice for the last 4 years now!). My profile is here. I think there are a few of us PSers on there!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by daynah View Post
    It's a service that you install on your computer and it watches what music you listen to and posts it online for other people to stalk you with. Creepy and cool at the same time.
    Hmmm I've been thinking of a new hobby... but I haven't got anyone to Stalk

Anyway welcome to the quirky world of PS daynah

Ooo - LastFM is fabby, though it does make me a little anal about what I listen to! For example, the Scissor Sisters, The Beatles, Super Furry Animals and Lorraine Bowen are always battling for the top spot, but I try not to give one group the edge over the other.

http://www.last.fm/user/BobMcCow/
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

http://www.last.fm/user/theboosh/

I've had a bit of a Genesis binge lately. Damn those digital remasters.

It's addictive and we love it here! You can find me at http://www.last.fm/user/SiHart/

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.