0 0%
  • 2 - Out of time

1 33.33%
  • 1 - Devolution

1 33.33%

Default Rate and Discuss: The Timeless Children

#ThisIsGonnaHurt

The epic series finale, the Cybermen are on the march

As the last remaining humans are ruthlessly hunted down; Graham, Ryan and Yaz face a terrifying fight to survive

Civilisations fall; others rise anew
    Lies are exposed; truths are revealed and battles are fought
    For the Doctor - trapped and alone - nothing will ever be the same again

A partial guest cast list has been released for The Timeless Children which also announced a "Barack Stemis" playing a character named Fakout.
    However, "Barack Stemis” is an anagram for “Master is back" ...
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Hated that. Worst episode of the new series by far, the idea of the Doctor having had countless lives, and being "special" is something I'm just not on board with at all. 1/10.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I'm torn. On Sunday I enjoyed it, but I think it may be a bit like Journey's End where, once the excitement of finding out what happens has gone, repeated viewings may be less enjoyable. And I have to admit, I sort of agree with a few comments I've seen that it would have been far better for the Doctor to discover the truth, rather than the Master pop up to spend twenty minutes telling her.

The Cyber-TimeLords were a ridiculous design, but some shrewd direction got away with it, limiting the close-ups, and making them look good.

Although it doesn't bother me as much, I know what you mean Alex. I don't see a need for the Doctor to turn out to be 'special' but I guess they also had some hints at that in the McCoy era and I liked it then. And to be honest, despite the whole 'nothing will ever be the same' hype... I expect it will. No doubt the Doctor will bump into her other self(s) at some point, but in the main it's presumably going to be 'adventure of the week' where who the Doctor may have been in the past has no bearing at all.

I enjoyed looking forward to a big season finale probably more than watching it, if you know what I mean, and I thought it was a good way to write out the companions altogether (if they actually are gone now).

I still... I feel a bit mean-spirited saying it, but Jodie still hasn't really clicked for me as the Doctor, I don't entirely know why. I felt the same about Tennant for most of his first season, but we're now at the end of her second.

So a mixed bag, enjoyable first time out!

Still looking forward to the next series but
    PS: Oh here we go, Dino is suddenly some sort of television production genius
    I would have made use of monsters and characters from earlier Series 12 episodes. The Dregs Cyber converted etc.
    The Timeless Children was 100% more effective finale than Series 11. The companions storyline had tension and I wish played out further.
    Doesn't match the previous episode and still doesn't beat World Enough And Time/The Doctor Falls for a finale. But I enjoyed it more than The Wedding Of River Song and Death In Heaven for finales.
    Roll on next series, although realistically some time later in the year 2021.

Is asking if the timeslot worked worth making a thread of its own?